Main Menu

'73 Rallye, Triple Black 340 4spd, Ebay

Started by Flatdad, April 11, 2018, 07:23:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Flatdad

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Dodge-Challenger-Rallye/401518669575?hash=item5d7c60af07:g:1tcAAOSwA1payANO&vxp=mtr#viTabs_0

I don't usually post other cars for sale, but this car just checks all the boxes for me. Its about as cool as you can get for a '73 Challenger from the factory.

340 4spd
Rallye Package
Black Exterior
Black Interior
Black Stripes
Disc Brakes
Buckets
Console
Am/Fm Radio
Inside Hood Release
Trunk Light
Fender Mounted Turn Signal Indicators (didn't think that was allowed with a bulge hood)
Sure-Grip (at least, claimed in the ad)

and of course all the other stuff that would come standard with a rallye

somebody buy this car and take away my temptation!

Burdar

QuoteFender Mounted Turn Signal Indicators (didn't think that was allowed with a bulge hood)

In the early years it wasn't.  In 73 and 74 it was.  Don't know about 72.

They were part of the "light group".
fender mounted turn signals
trunk light
map light
ignition key light
glove box light
switch panel light
You couldn't pick and choose what you wanted...it was all or nothing.

anlauto

My gawd.... :drooling: I have to agree...if there was ever a 1973 that deserved a correct full ground up restoration, that one certainly hits the mark...The only thing that could make it better would be if it were a Cuda.... :worship:
A broadcast sheet too, would be nice....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Flatdad

I can see why it isn't getting the bids though. No buildsheet+non numbers engine+missing many parts, not to mention questionable body work. Those fenders look like they're probably garbage, and I see a patch on a rear frame rail. You don't really see what makes it special until looking at the fender tag.

I'd love to see what black rallye strobes on black paint looks like!

If it stays around the 5k mark by Monday, I think I'll plunk a bid down and see what happens...

Cuda Cody

If it was scheduled to be built 6 days earlier, I would own it and be saying  :happybday: to me.  I've always wanted a 1973 E-Body built on March 8th.  And it would have been harder to find a cooler 73 then that car! 

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 11, 2018, 11:16:35 AM
If it was scheduled to be built 6 days earlier, I would own it and be saying  :happybday: to me.  I've always wanted a 1973 E-Body built on March 8th.  And it would have been harder to find a cooler 73 then that car!

Maybe it arrived earlier... What was your SPD vs actual arrival?   :rofl:

RUNCHARGER

Neat car. I waffled on a black 74 L code a few years ago that I should have pulled the trigger on. The black strobes look ultra cool on black.
Sheldon

Burdar

QuoteIf it was scheduled to be built 6 days earlier, I would own it and be saying  :happybday: to me.  I've always wanted a 1973 E-Body built on March 8th.

73's have an MDH code on the door VIN sticker.  That will tell you exactly(pretty much) when it was built...more accurate then the SPD.  If this car has it's VIN sticker still intact, there is a chance it was built on the 8th.

Did anyone else notice the exhaust hanger on the PS frame rail?  These later models still have unique features that haven't been heavily documented.  The car has the standard bracket in the trunk but also the extra bracket on the frame.  Interesting.

1 Wild R/T

I still have a pair of the late style muffler brackets from a car that was parted in the early 90's....

jimynick

"Neat car. I waffled on a black 74 L code a few years ago that I should have pulled the trigger on. The black strobes look ultra cool on black."  My 74 L code, 4 speed Challenger is a triple black car that had the black strobe stripes, and when I paint it, I'm going to replace the regular black with that reflective black that only reflects when headlights hit it. The regular stripes did look good on it though.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"