Main Menu

A rare FORD ???

Started by anlauto, February 19, 2020, 12:33:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I know this is not the place to discuss FORD things....and I don't follow this stuff whatsoever.....But I'm thinking this would be a pretty rare car would it not ? and the price seems more then reasonable considering that fact he's asking the price of a paint job for the whole car  :huh: :huh:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/london/969-fairlane-cobra-428-4spd/1482665709?cid=a735ac53-8a7f-47c6-89f6-efbf70dacdd7
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

yes that is a ridiculously low price.  A flipper could make a ton of cash on that project. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

318Stroker

Google Cobra prices. They don't bring big money. You'd be upside down in that car faster than you can stand on your head.

Daveh

I agree it's a cool car but a limited audience and getting smaller every day. 

6bblgt

labor to finish the car would have to be a "donation"

this original paint "survivor" 45K mile 428 CJ "ram air" auto Torino GT sold for $31K recently at a Mecum auction - I owned it about 10 years ago

anlauto

OH WOW... :o  I thought 428 Cobras would be worth tons of cash...I guess I was way off  :dunno:  Guess I'll stick with Mopars which I can't afford.... :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

it's not a Mustang - and this didn't seem to help  :takealook:

340challconvert

1969 Ford Torino Cobra Jet
Original MSRP
Base Price  $3,183

Low Retail  $15,600

Average Retail  $43,500

High Retail $70,950
Prices as per nada collectors guide

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

RUNCHARGER

Neat cars, I prefer the notchback Cobra. Ford guys don't seem to see past Mustangs.
Sheldon

Brads70

I'd be more excited if it was a 70-71  :yes:

BIGSHCLUNK

maybe if it was a Talladega?

cuda hunter

Quote from: 340challconvert on February 19, 2020, 02:38:38 PM
1969 Ford Torino Cobra Jet
Original MSRP
Base Price  $3,183

Low Retail  $15,600

Average Retail  $43,500

High Retail $70,950
Prices as per nada collectors guide

70K is still a good number for a rare top optioned car.  There is money to be made there.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

The bench seat would be the only drawback.  :alan2cents:

6bblgt

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on February 19, 2020, 04:35:48 PM
maybe if it was a Talladega?

Talladegas are all bench seat / column shift automatics & were only available in 3-colors: white, burgundy & dark blue (not high on the collector car food chain)

6bblgt

the 428 CJ Torino Cobra is Ford's version of a 383 Road Runner - with a cartoon snake and a little more performance & currently similar pricing  :alan2cents: