Main Menu

Am I outta touch???

Started by anlauto, July 06, 2020, 05:53:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 07, 2020, 07:52:08 AM
I'm out of touch. I sell stuff too cheap. Can't sell good stuff. People won't pay shipping. Sometimes ask friends if they have a part and they won't let me pay them for it, say "I'll need something some day".

I use to give stuff to everyone, still occasionally give stuff to guys I barely know but mostly just hang on to stuff these days...

When I gave away a 70 only B body split bench seat to a guy & didn't even get a thank you that pretty well stopped my mister nice guy stuff... 

Also seeing a part I gave away a month earlier being sold at a swap meet didn't exactly give me a warm & fuzzy feeling....

I haven't sold more than a dozen parts in the past 20+ years... I have a few friends who I still swap parts with, if I need something they hook me up & if they need something I do the same...

Burdar

QuoteWe used to pick these up for $20 maybe $40......but $200 !!!!  Have they really gone up that much ????

Honestly, his price isn't that far off IMO.  I was looking for a used one a few years ago and didn't find many.   Most I saw were for the trucks(don't have a master spline)  The ones I did see weren't in the best shape...rusty, dented, crappy looking horn contacts.  Those were priced at $100.  Reproductions have been out for awhile now.  I think those sell new for $150.  I found a deal on a new one for $125.  Everyone says that reproduction parts are junk and that good original parts should bring a premium.  So, $200 for a really nice used part doesn't seem too out of line.  :alan2cents:

Jay Bee

If that's in Canadian dollars then that 200 hovers around the $150.00 USD mark, give or take.