Main Menu

Another 71 Cuda Project

Started by Crocha617, April 04, 2018, 04:21:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Other then the shoddy patch work, that looks like a nice project.....mid-$20's maybe ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

Quote from: anlauto on April 04, 2018, 04:42:51 AM
Other then the shoddy patch work, that looks like a nice project.....mid-$20's maybe ? :dunno:

Yeah I think that one will be pretty popular.  Too bad the numbers drive train is gone.

kathyscuda

PROJECT is correct.
another train wreck that has to be taken apart and start over.

anlauto

I think this is a pretty honest description, the seller says it needs a full restoration, so what would one expect. :dunno:

Needs a complete restoration, or at least needs to be gone through and everything checked, repaired, and made structurally sound before attempting to drive.

For a proper restoration, it would likely need new trunk floor and quarters, but as so many members here say.....they're not looking for a trophy queen, so some may be happy with just a prep and paint. :wave:

1971 FOUR SPEED Cudas don't come up that often, especially original V6_ Billboard cars. :drooling: , he'll do aright with his sale. :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

xx88man

Quote from: anlauto on April 04, 2018, 05:23:46 AM
I think this is a pretty honest description, the seller says it needs a full restoration, so what would one expect. :dunno:

Needs a complete restoration, or at least needs to be gone through and everything checked, repaired, and made structurally sound before attempting to drive.

For a proper restoration, it would likely need new trunk floor and quarters, but as so many members here say.....they're not looking for a trophy queen, so some may be happy with just a prep and paint. :wave:

1971 FOUR SPEED Cudas don't come up that often, especially original V6_ Billboard cars. :drooling: , he'll do aright with his sale. :bigmoney:

:iagree:   Nice colour, big block, 4 speed, billboards, reasonably solid ..projects like this aren't getting easier to find!
Keep yer foot in it

Shane Kelley

I like it!  Has lots and lots of potential.  Like was mentioned. 4 speed 71 decent builders are getting fewer and far between. I will be curious to see where the bids reach. My guess is mid to upper 20's.

Crocha617

I really like it as well. If it were closer I would've called already even though I promised myself to stay away from project cars for awhile. I agree I could see it going for as much as $30,000 if the numbers matching drive train were with it but I'm guessing mid $20's as is if someone doesn't make a deal on it before the end of the auction.

anlauto

First bid is down at $17,500 with NO RESERVE :woohoo:

superdave

I'll bet it goes into the 30s.... the underside looms a little sketchy from what I can see in the pics, floors look really solid though. But then I wouldn't even consider myself a rank amature on such things , just an observation on a few other cars I've noticed for sale. :thinking:

HP_Cuda

One thing that gives me a huge pause is some of the patches done were super sketchy and very poorly done. The underside could be hiding more fun but you always roll the dice until you blast it and find the truth about your project.

Does seem pretty decent and I would venture to guess this would get a Hellcat motor since the drivetrain is already gone.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

I wonder why the argent grill ? :thinking:

HP_Cuda

Missed the no power steering or power brakes either.

Interesting.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Yup, she kind of a stripper....383 4speed...3:91's :burnout:
NO Power Steering
NO Power Brakes
NO Console
No Rally Dash
Budget Mirror
Black steering wheel is odd :thinking:

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on April 04, 2018, 10:08:42 AM
I wonder why the argent grill ? :thinking:

odds are the grill has been changed at least once  :alan2cents: