Main Menu

Anyone have any detail on this 1970 AAR?

Started by HP_Cuda, February 22, 2019, 05:23:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

Saw this 1970 AAR online and was wondering if anyone had any detail on it?

VIN  -  BS23J0B302071

Thanks,
Bryan
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

FlatlandTA

Is it a finished car up forsale or?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6Pack70

Google that vin number and see what turns up.

FlatlandTA

Ugh thought the number looked familiar.
Run for the hills on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kathyscuda

Fastmark

Oh yes, the old " I wanted factory ac so I changed the firewall " car. If he was going to rebody a car, at least use a non ac car. From what has been said, it was not even a very good car.

HP_Cuda

The first sign is the AC firewall which is completely stupid and the explanation for it.

But I'd like to know how they welded the cowl and rad support as to try and pass this as legit?

Sad this stupid stuff still goes on.  :bricks:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Quote from: Fastmark on February 23, 2019, 04:00:10 AM
Oh yes, the old " I wanted factory ac so I changed the firewall " car. If he was going to rebody a car, at least use a non ac car. From what has been said, it was not even a very good car.

As funny as that sounds...I had a phone call from a guy with a 1970 Charger that had factory AC....the car is currently in another restoration shop (and he's getting robbed, so he thinking about pulling it out) He requested that they upgrade the factory AC with a Vintage Air unit....

In order to do this...the morons went ahead and changed the entire firewall to a NON-AC so they could add the aftermarket AC  :drunk: The owner just about lost it, because this was done without his consent... :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Arctoad

Not to hard to tell the difference between factory pinch welds vs spot tig
:takepicture: