Main Menu

Are these really worth this much ?

Started by anlauto, February 27, 2017, 04:55:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Someone gave me a copy of this book years ago and I just laugh and tossed it in a corner.....there's so much wrong information it's not funny.....
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/hamilton/cuda-barracuda-e-body-challenger-restoration-guide/1242383265?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

So what now......They are collector items or something ? :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ChallengerHK

I have it, and I've seen them going for high dollar amounts. I've been told by folks more in the know than me that it had a lot of inaccuracies.

fc7cuda

I have one too, basically only good for pics.  It's so out dated and inaccurate, sometimes it seems anyone can get a book published.  :alan2cents:

ChallengerHK

I've seen a few books go what up in price when they're out of print. The "How to Build Big Inch Mopar Small Blocks" book did the same thing. If I thought I could really get $140 for mine I've have it on the market in a split second.

autoxcuda

The book is complete toilet paper.

Been the source of people being mislead for years.

Better pictures with a 15 second effort google image search nowadays
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Cuda Cody

Like many old things, it might be collected for its rarity and not for its use.   :alan2cents:

ChallengerHK

I looked on Amazon, and new they're over $200. Thing is, just like parts on eBay, are they really selling for that  :notsure:

anlauto

Quote from: ChallengerHK on February 27, 2017, 09:36:43 AM
I looked on Amazon, and new they're over $200. Thing is, just like parts on eBay, are they really selling for that  :notsure:

Yea...I checked that too, along with EBay :takealook: :crazytalk:  I sure hope people don't pay that.... :bricks:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Desmond

OK, guess I know what I'm doing with my copy tonight   :ebay:

cataclysm80

I find that most restoration books are filled with errors, or at least omissions.

kent_goins

Markp

My brother has that exact book. I have never even looked at it. What are the inaccuracy's?
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP