Main Menu

awesome cuda A21 fj5

Started by cuda hunter, December 28, 2019, 10:55:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/holt-1970-plymouth-cuda-383-factory/7031858404.html
1970 Plymouth 'cuda (real BS23 high performance 'cuda factory, not a clone) - Factory FJ5 Sublime Green High Impact paint w/ front rubber bumper car! Hoodpins, rally gauges, Road Lamp, Slap-Stic Automatic floor shift with console, power steering, front disc power brake car, Rimblow wheel, magnum 500 Road Rallys with NEW reproduction Byas-Ply white letter tires (same as original equipment). Built January of 1970, this car was originally sold at HELMS Chrysler Plymouth Dodge, in Lexington, Tenn. This car is very rough / rusty and needs a complete restoration. Rot threw floors, trunk, frame rails, body panels, ect., however, it is a high-dollar, super sought after pinnacle year muscle car / mopar and worthy of a full restoration. It will need professional body work, not for an amature! This car is worth fixing, its been off the road for many, many years. It only has 78k original miles.

Has non-matching 1971 383, I'm not sure if the 727 torqueflite trans is numbers matching or not, I planned on switching it over to a pistol grip 4 speed personally. Has 8 3/4 rearend housing, previous owner robbed the Sure-Grip unit out of it before I took delivery, so it has nothing for gears currently. I don't know anything about the condition of the motor / trans, never tried starting it, as it needs a full restoration anyway. Important stuff is there, fender tag, vin plate, door sticker vin tag, all matching. Real BS23 70 cuda, with clean Missouri title in my name. This 'cuda was built January of 1970, it turns 50 years old next month!

A Sublime green rubber bumper 70 'cuda has been my DREAM CAR for over 22 years, since I was only 15. It took 20 years for me to find one that wasn't restored and was an affordable project. I have owned this cuda for 2 years now, planned on doing a full restoration, and finally having my dream car... My wife was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer out of no-where last year, and plans have now changed.

$15,000 takes it. Price is firm.

1970 cuda 383 cars trade-hands in the $80,000+ fully restored, especially ones with cool factory options like this one has. If your looking for an unrestored 70 'cuda project, that you can build your way with your options, this is a great candidate. I am not interested in any trades, as this is already my favorite car ever. Restore it with the 383, or drop in a 440 or a 426 Hemi! :)

Located in Holt, Missouri, which is just 20+ minutes NE of Kansas City, right up I-35. If your a serious buyer, contact me to set up a time to see it in person. Thanks for looking, MoPar to Ya!

contact name:
Brian

call or text:
(816) 592-9630

reply by email:
c41ce9dc54c8318c81b3fd9a9629cf60@sale.craigslist.org

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

That is rough! That must have been sharp in it's day. I don't know about $80,000.00 value, but it would take that much to bring it back.  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

Cool car that is fairly complete but that rust is down to the bone.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

OH yeah, it's rusty as can be.  Just thought I would list it as it's a relatively hard color combo to find.  Muchless with rubber bumpers!   :wowzers:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Great car when new for sure. It makes me sad to see a cool car like that end up in such bad shape. And I just couldn't part it out either.
Sheldon

6bblgt

:alan2cents: it's FJ5 "limelight" not FJ6 "sassy grass"  :takealook:

JS29

Quote from: 6bblgt on December 28, 2019, 02:54:53 PM
:alan2cents: it's FJ5 "limelight" not FJ6 "sassy grass"  :takealook:
The guy is calling it sublime, Is that not the Dodge name for FJ5?  :Stirring:

JH27N0B

Filler cap on the primary reservoir of the 9171 master cylinder rusted away, never saw that before!

torredcuda

Good thing is it`s pretty complete, bad is it`s pretty crusty. Wonder what the underneath/frame rails loo like?
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

JS29

Looking at the right front corner, It looks like it got stuffed into something pretty hard. I wouldn't be surprised if that frame rail was pushed up.   

cuda hunter