Main Menu

Challenger TA

Started by Husk Challenger, February 05, 2018, 11:44:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Husk Challenger

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

anlauto

Kind of optimistic with his "buy it now" price. :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Looks like a pretty nice project, good color etc.  If it was a 4 gear that BIN would be pretty close to value?  If it's really #s, and being an auto, what do you think it's worth, maybe 25K, 27.5?

anlauto

Quote from: JH27N0B on February 06, 2018, 07:02:40 AM
Looks like a pretty nice project, good color etc.  If it was a 4 gear that BIN would be pretty close to value?  If it's really #s, and being an auto, what do you think it's worth, maybe 25K, 27.5?

My thoughts exactly, and I'm not buying the "not sure if the build sheet is there"..... :haha:

4 speed makes all the difference in the world these days towards value....

That being said...if someone wants to ship it to me with another $70K or so.....I'll gladly restore it.... :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

Cool car for sure, but I think it would have to be a 4 speed to get the BIN price.   :alan2cents:

anlauto

It's nice to see projects like that are still around.....too bad they are still priced in the unattainable level for most people including myself.  :'(

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on February 06, 2018, 07:26:09 AM
It's nice to see projects like that are still around.....too bad they are still priced in the unattainable level for most people including myself.  :'(
That is encouraging that they still exist. But that rust!  :o  Can you imagine how rusty that thing really is? I already see more than I would want if I was going to build it. The condition of the data plate pretty much sums it up. That motor looks pretty scary also!  Those cars are rare but not that rare.  Now in another 10-20 years that might be a different story. 

ply64post

Not that it matters it was a painted top car.   

JH27N0B

Looking at the battery tray makes me think there was probably a leaky battery in it for a time, which probably accounts for the fender tag rust. :alan2cents:

anlauto

Yea, I thought that was odd because the vinyl on there looks like it's always been on there.....Maybe dealer installed ? :thinking:

ply64post

The vinyl top appears to be a narrow seam top, they were wide seam in 1970.The gator top was narrow seam in 1970.
   There is to much paint on the top for a vinyl top, the cars I scrapped all seemed have just a dusting of paint.
    The fender tag also indicates it was a painted top car.   

:unitedstates:                                                                Jeff

kathyscuda

have any of you seen this one in person.
throwing some high numbers $$$$ out there looking at some pics.
I think its worth 12k

anlauto

Quote from: kathyscuda on February 06, 2018, 10:39:22 AM
have any of you seen this one in person.
throwing some high numbers $$$$ out there looking at some pics.
I think its worth 12k

One day ...a long time ago, you could have bought it for $12K....not so much anymore.....these TA's and AAR projects sell for $25K+ all day long.

I'll buy all the $12K ones you have.

RUNCHARGER

Not feeling it. Alan's ex customers FC7 one had way more going for it in several areas for the same asking.
Sheldon

Crocha617

My friend sold a numbers matching auto car in yellow a few months ago on ebay for around $33k in similiar condition.