cheap 70 barracuda

Started by cuda hunter, May 22, 2018, 08:42:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

There is a reason it's cheap.

And no fender tag.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1970-barracuda/6595760323.html

1970 BARRACUDA - $5500 (HIGH RIDGE)

1970 Barracuda original 318 car, Project. I have about 3500 in new metal waiting to go on. some old metal has been cut away. I have almost everything to put together minus grill and windshield and probably a few random things, I have multiples of some. Manual car. I have 1970 383 complete with 727 trans needs gone thru. I have amd quarter amd trunk floor. complete floor pans, lt and rt aprons, cowl, and firewall, inner hinge braces, and all fender braces. will need a couple of rails. has new wildwood disc brakes on front. interior is braced up ready for sheet metal and is currently sitting on large roll around dolly. lost interest. 5500.00

zmwx5-6595760323@sale.craigslist.org
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda70-74

I'm still new to mopar so is the fender tag a must have when buying and selling these cars?
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

cuda hunter

No big deal if your building a car and don't want specific born with options.
If building a promod it's my opinion that it's best to use a car that has lost it's fender tag and build sheet.
I for one really only want a car with a fender tag.  But if the price was right and it was close, an ebody is an ebody.

I'm always looking for a specific option of which must be on the fender tag or build sheet.  Otherwise I'm not interested in a builder car.  M46 is what I'm always looking for.  https://forum.e-bodies.org/cars-for-sale-or-wanted/8/wanted-1970-barracuda-with-m46-option/551/
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda70-74

Thanks for the info. My 74 cuda does have the fender tag and ripped up build sheet. It has the 71 cuda front end and 70 tail lights. Yeah it's a  Frankenstein car
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Brads70

"Some assembly required"   If it was closer...... :notsure: :bradsthumb:

moparcar

In my opinion only, I think that is a great start for a pro-touring or modified car. 1970, oh yeah... My car does not have a fender or factory VIN but does have a state assigned legal VIN which is the reason I don't mind making a pro-touring/modified car out of mine and I know the value is less at the end but I'm not looking at that like you would with a fender tag and options. Sort of the same with this one. Just make sure it has legality to it with a VIN of some sort that doesn't get one in trouble.

RUNCHARGER

I agree: If you are going to cut one up for mods don't do that to a desirable model. Do it to one that is already in tough shape with a non HP VIN.
Sheldon

ledphoot

You guys who take on these types of cars amaze me... I do not have that kind of intestinal fortitude... ;)

moparcar

Quote from: ledphoot on May 23, 2018, 02:25:10 PM
You guys who take on these types of cars amaze me... I do not have that kind of intestinal fortitude... ;)

Yeah, it is a lot of work but if you need metal work or panel replacement basically you're going to strip it to bare metal (blasted) and start from fresh anyway and then you know what you have! With my pro-tour build, basically the only thing left is the shell, interior panels, grill, lights, emblems, etc. Everything else, engine, trans, diff, suspension, seats, gauges, shifter, bumpers, lamps, radiator, wiring, electronics, driveshaft......you get the idea....is new.

So in that respect if it is fairly solid and a restorable body then you are good to go.  :brads thumb:

Avoid structural damage and rot, minimize hard to find parts and you are on a good start. If it's a one year only type thing such as my 71 Challenger, you just need to make sure you have the one year only parts otherwise it will get pricey real quick (actually that's with all of our projects!!! Pricey!).

Wes