Main Menu

Chicago collection... multiple convertibles.

Started by superdave, November 17, 2018, 06:53:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

superdave

At the risk that this has already been posted.What a collection!! :unbelievable:  :banana: Wish I were buying right now.
https://chicago.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=1970+challenger
:-[ Ooops, I posted that in a hurry. Chicago craigs list ad but it says the cars are in El Paso.

anlauto

Some nice stuff on that list...looks like bit of a pack rat... :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kathyscuda

RUNCHARGER

It's nice he's keeping them under cover for the future owners.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: kathyscuda on November 17, 2018, 07:19:20 AM
the pink T/A is $198k ..  good luck

That's NOT an asking price, that is the price that the car DID SELL FOR last time is was for sale. See the actual results here: https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0518-327334/1970-dodge-challenger-ta/

Now whether or not this guy has THAT car, or one like it.....we're not sure. Even if he has one "like it" doesn't mean it's the same quality as the one that SOLD for $198K  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

What a honey hole. I glad there is still a " league of extraordinary gentlemen " out there with deep pockets to preserve these cars. I'm wondering though as time marches on that pool of people will be less and less? It's a literal 1:1 scale diecast collection that will likely be tucked away in museums and not be driven as they were meant to be for the most part.

RUNCHARGER

Yup: That's pretty much the way it's been going for awhile now.
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

I coulda swore I posted that a few days ago...  :thinking:  The guy had quite a collection