Main Menu

E Body convertible parts....

Started by anlauto, October 21, 2019, 12:44:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

You don't see parts for convertibles come up too often...I guess that's why they're worth big bucks ?? $2500 CDN is about $1875 USD
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1467254501

(not mine)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

I would be interested in the mirror and sun visor retainer that is attached to it . . But seems like a lot for what is there even if it is Canada money . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

What makes the mirror special?  Does it mount to the window frame or glass?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 21, 2019, 02:41:54 PM
What makes the mirror special?  Does it mount to the window frame or glass?

Window frame... The Mirror & post are pretty standard, the mount is special...  Might be $800-$1000 worth of parts there.... 

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Crocha617

Yeah way too much $ for that stuff.

erik70rt

Agreed.  The visors and latches are readily available.  Not $2500 worth of stuff there.  I hope he can get it, but I don't see it at that price.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

70 Challenger Lover

This is why I grabbed my vert already done when I came across it. There are just some areas of parts that are prohibitively expensive. AAR/TA stuff, anything six pack, convertible, hemi. You expect to be pretty upside down when you restore any car but restoring something in those categories will break the bank fast.

Cuda_mark

All of the plated pieces are pitted too. Better off buying repops because I dont think you can replate those and be happy with the results.

Spikedog08

Yeah most of my interest was the sun visor retainer that is attached to the mirror . . Mine is cooked from the sun and the visors like to fall out of it on bumpy roads . . Someone was repopping it but wanted stupid money for it.  I was thinking maybe Viperboy could 3D print me one but haven't followed through on that yet . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!