Main Menu

eBay purchase and the hurricane

Started by Burdar, September 13, 2017, 07:01:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

I ordered a part on EBay a week ago. After I placed the order, I see that the item location is West Palm Beach, Florida. :headbang: The tracking data hasn't been updated since the 7th and still says it's waiting to be dropped off at the post office.

I know they have more important things to deal with then an $11 order. Just wondering how to handle this. Wait until they get around to sending it? Try contacting EBay?  :notsure: I don't want to be a jerk but don't want to wait forever either. I think I have limited time to contact EBay right?

Cuda Cody

Have you checked in with the eBay seller and see if they are still okay?  Might start with a message to them saying you noticed that the item had not shipped so you were checking in with them and then noticed they were in the path of the storm.  See if they are okay and ask if they made it through the hurricane okay.   You can tell them you fully understand the delay, but wanted to see if they still have the ability to fill the order.  If they can not, you will understand and will be able to request a refund.  It's not an easy spot to be in for either side.

Burdar

It was supposed to have been delivered yesterday. I was waiting until after that before doing anything. I went to their eBay store and there was a note on the main page. It basically said they were in the path of the hurricane and they might not be able to get parts out or even reply to emails. I sent them a question last Friday and never got a response.

If they don't respond to an email, then what?

Burdar

Chryco Psycho

I think you have roughly a month to let Ebay know

JonH

Seriously? Not to be rude, but come on.  $11 versus them going through a hurricane? USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc. all have to deal with this. Priorities please!

Burdar

Seriously? Did you read my first post? I know they have more important things to deal with and I wasn't upset. I was just curious how to deal with the situation respectfully. Maybe their business was completely destroyed and I'd never hear from them. I was just looking for guidance. Only a complete a-hole would get upset over a part not being shipped in this instance.

HP_Cuda

Darren - I think you did the right thing.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Daveh

I think you need to give them a break I live right near there and there are still whole areas without power.  My streetlights don't even work.  If they have a good reputation then please be patient and it will be there.  I'm still cleaning up at my house, trying to fix my roof tiles, screens and shutters.  I'm sure they are in the same situation.  Please be patient.  It wasn't an easy week. 

Dave

Burdar

I came here for some guidance because I've never had a potential issue on Ebay before.  I'm not upset, I'm not impatient.  I waited a week before even saying anything on here because I wasn't sure what to do.  I didn't contact the company and complain, I just waited.  Everything is fine.  The part is two hours from me.