Main Menu

cool color combo

Started by cuda hunter, March 18, 2018, 10:35:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

pretty rare.  Have not run across this many times in the past.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/d/1970-plymouth-barracuda/6470344284.html

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

1970 Plymouth Barracuda
VIN: BH23L0E
condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 52000
paint color: red
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
I'm looking to trade my 1970 Barracuda for a C2 Corvette in similar condition.

The Cuda is a numbers matching big block 383/727 car. Power steering, power brakes. One of around 700. I have the fender tag, original sales receipt, and original owner's manual as well as other documentation. Still have both sets of original keys. Still has points ignition which was recently freshened up. The only thing I'm missing is the build sheet. The car came with a really cool color combination of red exterior with white stripe, and a red/white interior, which is extremely rare as well as desirable. The interior was being replaced with black parts when I got it, and I'm in the process of reverting it to red/white.

If you want a reliable Cuda to have fun in, this is it. I drove the car all the way from Nebraska without a hitch. Truly a reliable daily driver that runs great and doesn't overheat. Around 52,000 original miles (and counting). The previous owner did partial floor replacement and didn't do the best job honestly. No problem for driving around, but if you want a concourse car, this isn't it. By the way, that gunk you see on the inner fender well next to the fender tag is some sort of undercoating-like material that was put on there in the '70s. It did a good job of saving the metal and there is no rust in there. Everything works except for the tach (didn't come with rallye dash originally) I also have a bunch of parts including a brand new red headliner.

Not really looking to outright sell, looking for a trade for a C2 Corvette or other interesting trades. Let me know what you have via email due to spam calls. Email above under "reply"

Don't email me asking me how much I want for it. I want to trade for a 1963-1967 Corvette. If you are serious about buying it, make me an offer. It isn't cheap.

z3vwq-6470344284@sale.craigslist.org
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

Good Luck with that... Not seeing a trade for a C2 happening...   It's not red with a white stripe, it's red with a white vinyl molding (door ding protection)
He admits the sheet metal replacement was done very well....  Just not seeing it... :alan2cents:

anlauto

Always liked the white/red interior or white/blue as well :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Husk Challenger

About these interiors combos like:
H6XW    White Vinyl Buckets w/Black Pad/Carpet/Console
H6BW    White Vinyl Buckets w/Blue Pad/Carpet/Console
H6EW    White Vinyl Buckets w/Red Pad/Carpet/Console
H6FW       White Vinyl Buckets w/Green Pad/Carpet/Console

Were they also available on Challenger? 70 until 74?

Thanks
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

scf100

mines a 73 Cuda....the color combo sold me on it....
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

dodgemania

Quote from: scf100 on March 18, 2018, 12:34:50 PM
mines a 73 Cuda....the color combo sold me on it....
i like this color combo super nice sweet cuda   :wowzers:

autoxcuda

Quote from: Husk Challenger on March 18, 2018, 12:09:19 PM

Thanks

The white and black combo was 70-74. But that is really just standard white interior, correct?

But I don't think the 3 other colored w/white combos where 71-74. Definitely not red and white

All three colored w/white were available in 70 challengers. Edit: my bad should have looked at this first: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1970ColorAndTrim-01.shtml

Go look at the color trim selectors on Hamtramck Historical. That will tell you for sure.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

6bblgt

Quote from: Husk Challenger on March 18, 2018, 12:09:19 PM

Thanks

for an E-body - it's a Plymouth "thing" for 1970 ONLY H6XW is the only one that survived 'til '74 (& in Challenger)

E-body interior colors were very limited after '71 -
Vinyl Bucket Seats ONLY
'72: black, white, blue, green, gold
'73: black, white, blue, green
'74: black, white, blue, green

RUNCHARGER

Cool colours all right. He might as well try to trade it for 4 C2 Corvettes, results are going to be the same.
Sheldon

Spikedog08

I hate when there is no price . . .  :verymad:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

dodgemania

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Husk Challenger

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

nsmall

@scf100 great looking ride.  I saw that on ebay some time ago for a fair price.  Guess you own it now.  Congratulations.