Main Menu

Hellcats dropping in price?

Started by Brads70, April 12, 2017, 07:23:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

With the Demon I wondered if this would happen. A guy locally paid 100K (Canadian) for his.  :looney:

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6081046417.html

Moparman82

I've been seeing a lot of hellcat challengers for mid 50s and still plenty for mid 60s.  Haven't seen any hellcat chargers priced as low tho, makes sense, no demon charger, and hellcat charger is still the king of its category
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

Cuda Cody

Dang, that seems like a really good deal.   :banana:  I could be really happy with a Hellcat!    :burnout:

Blake@diyhemi.com

Random question towards this topic.

How many of you would trade your E-body for a Hellcat?

How many of you would trade your E-body for a new Demon?

:popcorn:
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

anlauto

Lots of Hellcat Chargers on KiJiJi for mid $80's CDN  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on April 13, 2017, 05:27:23 AM

The price drop on Hellcats and the rest of the new Challengers has been quite dramatic.  I remember a first year Hellcat stickered at $80,000 and sold at Mecum for $120,000. Last year used Hellcats were still in the $70k range, now they are in the low $50k range.  Granted they are a year older, but new ones are being produced everyday and with the Demon the Hellcat does not have the "fastest production car" status.  Yes, they will only make 3,300 Demon this first year and they will near impossible to get but what about next year and year after that.  More Demons produced means more depreciation in the value of a Hellcat.

I've thought about trading my Cuda for a Hellcat but always come back to a couple things.  One is the new Challengers are going to continue to depreciate in value as long as the keep making them.  With all the new electronics on these new cars they will not become as collectable as ours because you can not easily modify/restore them in the future. 

The other is no one makes our e-bodies anymore, so however many are out there is it.  Nothing will top old school muscle, so their value will continue to rise as long as there is a generation of people that wants them.

Ideally I would like to have both a Demon and a '70 Hemi Cuda!    :banana: :cooldance: :veryexcited:

Moparman82

Quote from: anlauto on April 13, 2017, 05:57:33 AM
Lots of Hellcat Chargers on KiJiJi for mid $80's CDN  :dunno:

That's about what I've been seeing Alan, mid to low 60s(US mid 80s CDN) for chargers and mid 50s(us) for challengers
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

Cuda Cody

Not going to give up my E-Bodoes for a Demon or Hellcat.  I might wait for them to come down in price a bit more then I might add one to the garage.  But as much fun as it would be to drive, I would miss that classic muscle car feel.  I like the sound, the timeless looks, and the overall feel I get from E-Bodies.  Nothing else feels like it. 

ec_co

the downtrickle effect is in full swing now. Challenger Hellcat prices have certainly dropped a bit in the last several months, which has dropped the pricing on the SRT models, and in turn dropped some pricing for the R/T (Scat Pack and Shaker models included). pre-2015 models have dropped drastically in the last year and will continue to drop more this year, but there is still an odd short-gap between pre-2015 and 2015-newer models where I can damn near pick up a 2015 R/T for close to what I can pick up a 2013/2014 and the 2015 is a far superior interior (and you can certainly pick up an SXT v6 for the same pricing as a 2010-2014 RT. the price gap should widen more by the end of the year.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RUNCHARGER

I was all set to buy a new Hellcat when they came out, then I rode in one at Vegas as well as a Viper. I have a Viper now! I might pick one up if I get a good deal on one but I really prefer driving my Viper so it would more be for the bragging rights of the 707HP I suppose. I sold one of my Challengers to buy my Viper and I have no regrets about that as I know I will build another Challenger pretty soon to keep.
Sheldon

GoodysGotaCuda

No to neither, they are cool cars but I don't loathe for either one. They're styling and presence will never match a classic car.

I'll take an engine though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 13, 2017, 02:36:24 PM

No to neither, they are cool cars but I don't loathe for either one. They're styling and presence will never match a classic car.

I'll take an engine though...

Amen!!

Brads70

If I had unlimited funds I'd for sure have one but no I wouldn't trade my car for one.... and mine is a lowly /6

ToxicWolf

There isn't a car out there I would trade my e-body for.  :stop:

Blake@diyhemi.com

These responses are awesome.

I agree that there is just something about being behind the wheel of a vintage/ classic automobile. I daily drive a *cough*1986 C10 with LS swap*cough* to work and love the cruise every day. I have a newer crew cab 4x4 that is a great family hauler, but in the work days all I need is a single cab. I cannot wait to drive my Barracuda almost every day. Cannot beat the feeling!

1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!