Main Menu

Hellcats dropping in price?

Started by Brads70, April 12, 2017, 07:23:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

J-Code Jeni

I am glad @Cuda Cody said he wouldn't trade his classics for these new school rides....I wouldn't want him to either. These old school, mechanical beasts are where it's at! Hopefully the Hellcat will keep coming down...

Marc70challenger

I love the Hellcats.

But today I got to roll up a hill slipping sideway to sideway grabbing gears and leaving a trail of smoke the whole way ... nothing can beat that in a 70 Challenger.  :burnout:  Asses and elbows and feet flying ... just driving.  :cooldance:

Ps. Or any early E body. Or any old era muscle car for that matter.  :banana:

ec_co

I would never trade mine either. nothing beats oldschool cool and at some point in the future (40+ years) will they be able to replace and code the computers? there are enough dinosaur computer languages out there that are dead or dying because the original user/programmers have/are dying off and no one is learning those older languages. see it all the time in manufacturing. I'll keep my easy to replicate mechanical gas hog and enjoy it to my grave
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

JS29

Quote from: ToxicWolf on April 13, 2017, 05:09:41 PM
There isn't a car out there I would trade my e-body for.  :stop:
Me ether!!!  And if something happened to this E-body it would be replaced by another E-body.

Brads70

I'll take it!  :D  Love that colour combo!  :yes:

kathyscuda

71-440

Was in the dealer a month ago for service on our 2016 Charger. They had a Hellcat on the showroom floor. Sticker was 83,000.
Nice car. Had a 09 Challenger. Great car. Would I trade my '71 for a new one? NO. As stated above by so many there is nothing cooler than driving a old school Mopar.
Joe

Topcat

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 13, 2017, 06:35:58 AM
Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on April 13, 2017, 05:27:23 AM
Random question towards this topic.
How many of you would trade your E-body for a Hellcat?
How many of you would trade your E-body for a new Demon?
:popcorn:

The other is no one makes our e-bodies anymore, so however many are out there is it.  Nothing will top old school muscle, so their value will continue to rise as long as there is a generation of people that wants them.

Ideally I would like to have both a Demon and a '70 Hemi Cuda!    :banana: :cooldance: :veryexcited:

After seeing how many thumbs up Bill & I had today with our Pachyderms today; I'll stick to my old School car.

Chryco Psycho

Hellcats dropped 6k this year & they keep building them without limits , new is under 60k usd

chargerdon

Of course they dropped.   Their used cars..plain and simple.   With new Challenger with 485 hp priced in high 40's its a lot of power for the money and available at about every dealers site with discounts available.   

RUNCHARGER

I wouldn't sell my Viper unless it was for another new style car that I can drive everyday troublefree. However I only need one newer one so although I like the power of the Kitty it won't be taking up a spot in my garage. A friend of mine just traded his Kitty in on a new diesel truck. I think he made the mistake of not driving it enough, it only had 6000km on it after 3 years. If you're not going to drive it you might as well have a better looking old car IMO.
Sheldon

ledphoot

I have seen several in the mid to high 40's in the last few months.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/napa-2016-dodge-challenger-hellcat/6802753920.html

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/tucson-2015-charger-hellcat/6791672913.html

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/palo-alto-2016-hellcat/6788778507.html

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/d/grand-prairie-2015-dodge-challenger-srt/6788547898.html

I wouldn't trade my Cuda for any car, let alone a modern retro-clone of the real deal. Not to say I wouldn't mind having a HellCat, but fat chance of talking the wife in to it so long as I have the Cuda....

kathyscuda

just looked at a FJ5 hellcat on clist for $42