Main Menu

Hemi challenger on eBay

Started by Bpret, March 11, 2019, 05:31:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bpret

Anyone on here have the block for this one :popcorn:

kdcarman

Interesting.  Wonder the value here is?  No engine or trans and its green.

headejm

:alan2cents: The current bid ($27k) is at the high end of what I would pay. Needs a lot of TLC. On the other hand, if you knew where the original motor was... :banana:

RUNCHARGER

Neat car, it has a lot going for it for the right guy.
Sheldon

Topcat

I don't want to be coming off as a Negative Nick; but the truth is many Hemi blocks were wasted if they were doing drags strips.

Mine was a racer. It had a crack between the valves on the head.
Bore on the block was a nightmare.

Took it all the way out to .063 to true; but it is within specs on the sonic test after.

Brads70

Trans tunnel looks to have been played with at some point. I'm guessing for an automatic aftermarket shifter?  :notsure:

aussiemark

A 4.10 axle is very hard on the engine this is probably why most with this ratio are warranty blocks or just missing like this one. It looks like a solid body and has the fender tag, VIN tag, door sticker all the body partial VINs and a build sheet, if you could find an unstamped warranty block or even one with a similar date code it would make a great project after all it is an original Hemi and that's as good as it gets.

750-h2

That would be a neat project. Hemi car with a solid body. I think it will go past the  $40,000 mark. Heck some guys would pay that much just for the VIN's ,tag and BS. Cheap way to turn your $70,000 Hemi clone into a $150,000 R code.

Cuda Cody

I have a late 1969 casting Hemi block if someone needs / wants it.  It's an unstamped (blank VIN pad) block that is .0303 over and in great shape.  I have the crank, intake and heads too.  Would go nicely with this Hemi Challenger! 

RUNCHARGER

Well: You could change your handle to Challenger Cody!
Sheldon

fc7cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 12, 2019, 05:58:08 AM
I have a late 1969 casting Hemi block if someone needs / wants it.  It's an unstamped (blank VIN pad) block that is .0303 over and in great shape.  I have the crank, intake and heads too.  Would go nicely with this Hemi Challenger!

Very generous to offer.  :clapping:

BIGSHCLUNK

imho... looks like a 6 figure project....

bcbassfishing

Should have done an intro on myself first but I've been waiting for this car to show up in discussion here.  Personally I see a car that an average guy can own with some darn good pedigree.  To do a full show pony on this one would be super expensive but like allot of people we have stock of used parts or have buddies with some good used stuff laying around that could be had a decent price or trade for other parts.  Green x3  no numbers # matching makes it attactive to someone like me.  Not that I'm hot on the purchase trail but if the right guy bought in under $40K I think you'd see this thing being a decent investment, fun to rumble into a local cruise in and a car that wouldn't get locked away to never see the light of day.  By the way Hello from British Columbia Canada...  I know several members here will know me... just been out of the game for a little too long.  I'm without a car at the moment and probably a year away from doing one but hey don't hurt to keep tabs on the current market trend.

750-h2

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on March 12, 2019, 07:44:31 AM
imho... looks like a 6 figure project....

Yes , but done right NOM or not it is  $150,000 car. For some people like myself that cannot afford $150,000 in one shot this car makes sense especially if you can do most of the work yourself.  It will be interesting to see how high it will go. :thinking: