Main Menu

Hemi trans mount WOW

Started by 61K T/A, March 02, 2017, 02:14:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

61K T/A

anlauto

If you want to play....you gotta pay :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rev-It-Up

I guess if you can afford the car it goes in...you can afford this part.  And..that is why I don't own a hemi!  :rofl:
Rev-It-Up

Cuda Cody

When was the last time that "Yellow" rubber piece was cast?  Lets just say it was in the mid 70's (most likely well before that).  It's over 40 years now.  Is there any chance that rubber is even good and won't fall apart as soon as you install it?  I have a NOS yellow trans mount, but I'm afraid to use it because of how old it is.   :Thud: 

61K T/A

Is the only thing that makes it so valuable is the rubber mount? OH, and the color?

Brads70

Not in a million years would I pay that... :looney:  Borders on a prank/joke?

61K T/A

By the looks of it, it looks too new. Not a scratch on it. Makes me wonder...

fc7cuda

Quote from: 61K T/A on March 02, 2017, 05:10:03 PM
By the looks of it, it looks too new. Not a scratch on it. Makes me wonder...

:iagree:  Definitely looks nice on the paint. 

Cody, can you post a pic of the numbers on yours?

anlauto

I've seen a lot of them with the word "yellow" on the rubber that weren't painted yellow.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I think I'd spend the money on a parts car instead.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Timbbuc2

This brings up a good question, When building a e-body or any make as far as that is concerned, how far do you go purchasing NOS parts, I would think anything with rubber would be a big cost and even more so  dangerous, ie brake hoses. @Cuda Cody @anlauto .
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

That's why I've never used that old Yellow trans mount.  I like to use original stuff, but not when it is dangerous or puts people in danger.  Not a risk worth taking. 

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on March 03, 2017, 08:49:42 AM
This brings up a good question, When building a e-body or any make as far as that is concerned, how far do you go purchasing NOS parts, I would think anything with rubber would be a big cost and even more so  dangerous, ie brake hoses. @Cuda Cody @anlauto .

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

fc7cuda

Yeah Cody, afew solid shifts in a 4 speed car and that mount may go.... :help: