Main Menu

Last '71 Hemi Cuda Made at BJ Scottsdale

Started by 303 Mopar, December 19, 2017, 09:14:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1971-PLYMOUTH-HEMI-CUDA-210229

BS23R1B429180

"The last known 1971 HEMI 'Cuda built. This vehicle is one of 59 known HEMI 'Cudas built in 1971. This Hemi has undergone a total professional rotisserie restoration. It has 23,772 original miles. Finished in True Blue Metallic, this original Shaker-hood car features all-original body panels and the original black interior. It's powered by the original 426/425hp Hemi engine mated to the original 4-speed manual transmission, and the original Dana 60 rear end with a Sure-Grip differential. It's also equipped with the A34-code Super Trak Pak, Rallye dash and power brakes. Designated as a special-handling, documented with the original Broadcast Sheet. It's been visually inspected, decoded and verified by Dave Wise and comes with a Wise Vehicle Validation report."

Spikedog08

Not my favorite color but. . . . I will take it!  Awesome!   :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

HP_Cuda

What I wonder is how much value does "last produced" actually brings.

Heck I've seen it all over the place and even for 73 Cuda's. Not that you can actually prove it.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

dodj

Quote from: Spikedog08 on December 19, 2017, 09:22:59 AM
Not my favorite color but. . . . I will take it!  Awesome!   :worship:
I like the colour but would swap out the wheels. Steelies and dog dishes never did it for me.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JH27N0B

Back 8 or 10 years ago that car used to be at all the Mecum auctions.  Used to always bid up into the 500K range reserve not met.  I was told Dana Mecum owned it.  Eventually it wasn't on the Mecum lineup for any of the auctions any more, so I guess he finally let it go.  He seemed to be using it as advertising/attention getter rather than seriously trying to sell it I thought.
At any rate, unless factory production records were released, the last made claim can't be proved, so that car really shouldn't be valued at any premium to any other equivalent '71 hemi cuda.

750-h2

I think she will pull around $450,000 to $500,000.

RUNCHARGER

Good looking car. I hope the new owner drives the heck out of it.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

Precisely

Quote from: JH27N0B on December 19, 2017, 03:29:29 PM
Back 8 or 10 years ago that car used to be at all the Mecum auctions.  Used to always bid up into the 500K range reserve not met.  I was told Dana Mecum owned it.  Eventually it wasn't on the Mecum lineup for any of the auctions any more, so I guess he finally let it go.  He seemed to be using it as advertising/attention getter rather than seriously trying to sell it I thought.
At any rate, unless factory production records were released, the last made claim can't be proved, so that car really shouldn't be valued at any premium to any other equivalent '71 hemi cuda.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200