Main Menu

Looks like at least $1,000 worth? Is it a real RT Project?

Started by Cuda Cody, March 03, 2017, 11:39:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Could it be a real RT?  I see a fender tag.  The 3 speed wiper motor is there, wiper arms can be pretty spendy so that also probably means the wiper linkage is in there.  Bucket seats and a lot of trim.  Looks like an automatic with drums all around.  Could that spare be a 450 wheel?  That alone could be worth the $1,000.  If I was closer I would go look at it.

[ebay]182475395922[/ebay]

Cuda Cody

@fc7cuda  do those look like 450 wheels?

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

fc7cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 03, 2017, 11:43:25 PM
@fc7cuda  do those look like 450 wheels?

Definitely not.
Easy spot is the 4 nubs that hold on the poverty cap.  450s always had 1 of the nubs directly across from the valve stem.

anlauto

For starters none of the rims are "450's"....I've never heard that "nub idea" before :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Boy, knowing that will make it lot easier to spot 450 wheels!  That was news to me.   :twothumbsup:  Thanks!

anlauto

I'm not saying FC7 is wrong, but I would question that little detail.....I can't see them worrying about that little detail when assembling the rims  :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

If I was even somewhat close I would go look at it.  The guy obviously wants it gone.  I bet $500 gets you all of it and there looks to be some decent stuff there.  And there's a fender tag, so you get to see what it really was without having to guess.  I would be after the parts, unless it was a car worth saving.   :huh:  But aren't they all worth saving?       :notsure:

anlauto

Just did a Google search and couldn't find a 450 wheel where the valve stem isn't lined up with the nub :unbelievable: :worship: :clapping:

Challenger in NC

E63 D32 JS23 N0 is what the owner said he could see on tag

Cuda Cody

Real deal RT, but  :o  that's a hard to read tag.

Quote from: Challenger in NC on March 04, 2017, 11:39:49 AM

Challenger in NC

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 04, 2017, 12:29:22 PM
Real deal RT, but  :o  that's a hard to read tag.

Quote from: Challenger in NC on March 04, 2017, 11:39:49 AM

Sure is, the photo he sent was impossible to make out characters. Had him read first line. Sometimes flipping it over helps.

anlauto

Shoooter

I'm sure someone on here is close to there.  That's a good deal. Too bad the tag is hard to read.