Main Menu

Need some parts?

Started by 61K T/A, February 04, 2017, 02:20:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

:Thud:  Wow, that's a lot of work to go through it all.  What's a pile of parts that big really worth?  Seems like they're started at full retail on some off not desirable stuff?  What's the odds of finding something really high dollar?  Normally you buy lots like that for cents on the dollar, right?

headejm

Looks like a lot of aged inventory. A lot of the parts are rusty and look like they have been sitting around for a long time. I agree, cents on the dollar. You think there is $5,000,000 worth of parts there?  :notsure:

RUNCHARGER

Exactly, I'm sure the desirable parts have already been sold off. I would bet whats left is C-body, L-body stuff etc. A new guy would be sitting on that stuff a long time waiting for it to move.

Sheldon
Sheldon

fishn4cuda

2 Hours from me here in Ohio. Looks like quite the inventory. What it all goes to is to be determined. If you cant double your money, not worth buying in. 3/4 of a million dollars is a lot to risk on swap meet parts. Just my 2 cents

Roadman

Quote from: fishn4cuda on February 04, 2017, 04:47:53 PM
2 Hours from me here in Ohio. Looks like quite the inventory. What it all goes to is to be determined. If you cant double your money, not worth buying in. 3/4 of a million dollars is a lot to risk on swap meet parts. Just my 2 cents
:iagree:

61K T/A

What a huge risk to buy all those boxes. And for the most part you are buying boxes. Do you think the owner went through all that stuff before he listed it?? I know I would. :)

Cuda Cody

Honestly, even if he took a zero off the end of his price would you buy it?   :dunno:

61K T/A

headejm

I would take it on consignment, rent a building, go through every box, and get to work!  :toast:

61K T/A

You must have a whole heck of a lot of time on your hands. That is a project for sure.

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

headejm

Independently wealthy.  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: (Early retirement in 2016. Looking for my next great challenge.)

fc7cuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 04, 2017, 04:11:13 PM
Exactly, I'm sure the desirable parts have already been sold off. I would bet whats left is C-body, L-body stuff etc. A new guy would be sitting on that stuff a long time waiting for it to move.

Sheldon

:iagree:

He's been doing this awhile and the "good" stuff has probably already sold or has been separated and not included in the sale.  :alan2cents: