Main Menu

Nice 1970 383 Cuda Project A21 rubber bumper car

Started by anlauto, January 29, 2018, 04:11:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda/222815008657?hash=item33e0cf3791:g:6NYAAOSwt4xabp~-&vxp=mtr

Here it is folks...member @king dragon first project car up for sale.....looks real good in the pictures and he's letting it go with no reserve.....

Any thoughts on where it will go ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

I would think he should be able to get his asking price of $9k out of it.

anlauto

Total agreement with you Chris.....

His original asking price in his ad on this website is $9,000.00 https://forum.e-bodies.org/cars-for-sale-or-wanted/8/cleaning-house/5390/

In my opinion, it's very hard to find any original 70/71 BS23 projects for under $10K these days.....let alone one with cool options and solid bones like this one......

Good luck with the sale, I personally see it going over asking price... :alan2cents: :fingerscrossed: :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

pink aar

Alan, just my opinion. It will need a new header panel , quarters, Is that rust on the upper cowl ( wiper motor ) trunk pan, trunk drop offs, driver floor ( rust ), fenders. What about the out wheel wells? The car may look good in the pictures, but rust is rust. You have to fix it ( costly). I bought 2 70 cudas for 5800 and 6500 . They  were 383 and a 318 cars matching numbers and complete. The 383 was a a/c  and ralley dash car. So with that said, I'm going out on the limb and say 8000.00 because of the hood and a rally dash and rubber bumper car. But I'm sure someone will give 9000.00 if they want it bad enough.  Just my OPINION. Good luck to him and I hope he sells it to a good new owner.

After looking that the photos again. That is a hole in the Passenger fender on top by the header panel. NOT THE HEADER PANEL ( sorry). What about the condition around the back window.?

Frame rail is shot on the driver rear.

pink aar

Quote from: pink aar on January 29, 2018, 04:47:05 AM
Alan, just my opinion. It will need a new header panel , quarters, Is that rust on the upper cowl ( wiper motor ) trunk pan, trunk drop offs, driver floor ( rust ), fenders. What about the out wheel wells? The car may look good in the pictures, but rust is rust. You have to fix it ( costly). I bought 2 70 cudas for 5800 and 6500 . They  were 383 and a 318 cars matching numbers and complete. The 383 was a a/c  and ralley dash car. So with that said, I'm going out on the limb and say 8000.00 because of the hood and a rally dash and rubber bumper car. But I'm sure someone will give 9000.00 if they want it bad enough.  Just my OPINION. Good luck to him and I hope he sells it to a good new owner.

After looking that the photos again. That is a hole in the passenger fender on top by the header panel. NOT THE HEADER PANEL ( sorry).
What is the condition around the back window ( lower part) ? May need a panel??

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

I guess it's all a matter of where you live...you won't find anything like that around here for that money.

anlauto

RUNCHARGER

Cool car I think. I like the colour and the bumper.
Sheldon

anlauto

RUNCHARGER

I've seen a lot lesser cars for more $$$. We'll see where it ends at.
Sheldon

6bblgt

RUNCHARGER

A good deal in this market I think. The car looks quite solid and it's got great options.
Sheldon

anlauto

That's awesome @king dragon I hope the sale goes through for you and you can list the V code Challenger next

king dragon

Thanks for all the positive vibes guys. It's going to take a month to organize sixpak car and parts but I'll kept you'll posted with first dibs when the time comes. It's refreshing to be part of a forum where fellow enthusiasts are supporting and not negative highbrows.