Main Menu

Nice 71 Challenger R/T V code

Started by dhh, June 07, 2021, 10:33:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dhh

1 of 250 made... TIL!

I think if it was a high-impact color it would have already sold...

https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/80603

cudamadd

Nice car looks great ,yes the colour could have some thing to do with the non sale  But still a nice  challenger  :australia:

JH27N0B

That's actually my car and yeah I've had it listed for quite some time with little interest.
I'm starting to shop my B5 '09 Challenger around and if someone buys it, I'll bring the '71 home to fill the now open garage space, and take it off the market.  Not likely I'll ever have a chance to own another 71 V code!

dhh

Quote from: JH27N0B on June 08, 2021, 04:54:18 AM
That's actually my car and yeah I've had it listed for quite some time with little interest.
I'm starting to shop my B5 '09 Challenger around and if someone buys it, I'll bring the '71 home to fill the now open garage space, and take it off the market.  Not likely I'll ever have a chance to own another 71 V code!

My bad, I actually remember your post now but I've been looking at so many cars I lost track!  :foul:

RUNCHARGER

I love the colour. It sets it apart from the other ones.
Sheldon

Mr Lee

I like it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

ragtopdodge

Great car.  Pity about NOM motor and trans, which drags down value somewhat.

Got a buildsheet?  That will add at least 10-20% right there (four-speed verification uber important since you don't have the #s matching trans).

R/T's 4 R/P

I like it.
If you have an interest in working out a trade for my 440 R/T convertible, let me know.
A friend of mine was a former owner so I like that history.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

JH27N0B

Was that Duffy or something like that, a body shop owner from the Milwaukee area who got the car around 30 years ago from a 71 collector, got some parts together for its restoration, but then got divorced and had to sell it, to a guy in Iowa who finished it up? Or the 71 collector, the guy who also used to own that survivor black 71 hemi Challenger that got sold and disappeared in the hands of a under the radar type Canadian collector? I thought he was from NJ or is he from WI too?
That and it was a world of wheels type show car with black paint and gold fogging and a chromed up hemi under the hood in the late 70s on the east coast are what I know of its history.
Your blue R/T vert?  That's a beautiful car, I've admired it at MCACN, don't you have some background on it that it was from Northbrook IL?  I grew up in Glenview the suburb just south that shares the HS district.
I probably should talk to you about it.

R/T's 4 R/P

Yes, Duffy owned it early on.
The Black Hemi Challenger was owned by Wayne Voigt, also here in Wisconsin. Too bad that car vanished!

I have a copy of the Illinois title from 1980.  That's as far back as I've been able to track the car. I even went to the DMV in Springfield to try to get older info.  I teased the guy behind the counter that I'm sure he could find the information if I was from the FBI.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT