Main Menu

Nice optioned B body

Started by 61K T/A, May 11, 2017, 04:50:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

without a fender tag or broadcast sheet - most of the OPTIONs original to the car will be difficult to document

it did not have 4.10s & 3.91 axle package
it did not have Strato vent & air conditioning
NO power vent windows
NO power antennae

looks like he went thru an option list & wrote them all down  :stop:

Cuda Cody

It has all the signs of a splash and go paint job.  Looks okay, but I would be worried long term. 

If I owned the car I would have to lower the torsion bars right away.  Love the color but wish it had more docs.   :alan2cents:

71GranCoupe

Isn't it possible an "N" code could be ordered with AC and a 4 speed? I like the car even with all the work it needs, numbers matching, or so it appears to be.  :cooldance:

ec_co

looks like its located in Portland
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

6bblgt

yes,
it appears to be a factory 383HP 4bbl 4-speed 1971 Charger SE - 1 of 195 built (US spec.) per GG
it appears to be a factory A/C car (an available OPTION)

JS29

Did those cars have the V02 paint option? or did it have A vinyl top at one time!!! wonder about the blisters on the sail panel.

61K T/A

Just relisted. Lets see what happens next.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 11, 2017, 05:34:43 PM
It has all the signs of a splash and go paint job.  Looks okay, but I would be worried long term. 
I agree with Cody. That thing has the signs all over it if you know what to look for.  Neat car but rough around the edges. I'm sure there is scary stuff hiding on this one.

RUNCHARGER

71 SE's are one of a handful of non-musclecars I love. That is a lot of money for a full on project car though. The neatest one I have seen in person is an FE5 71 SE with a 440, 4 speed that came out of Prince Rupert about 17 or 18 years ago.
Sheldon

71GranCoupe

I have always had a soft spot for high option cars and this is one that fits. Even with the problems it has, but as others have said, a lot of $$$ for the condition/shape is shows. i wonder why the last buyer backed out? Must have been something not seen in the pictures.  :dunno: