Main Menu

Nice project Challenger here in Ontario UPDATE

Started by anlauto, April 12, 2021, 04:12:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

This one looks pretty solid....
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/barrie/1970-dodge-challenger-new-mexico-car/1560612705

See the going price of rust free projects up here  :o  My friend offered $25K this morning and was turned down.. :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mopsquad

25K turned down with a 28.5K asking price?  Either your friend has to nudge up a bit or this guy has got a lot of calls already and is willing to ride it out.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

blown motor

Too much money for a column shift, auto, standard dash car with no drive train.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudajason

Quote from: blown motor on April 12, 2021, 05:47:12 PM

AGREED!!!!  I get it looks solid, but who really knows.

Great car to build the way you want, but you are in to it for a lot of money.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on April 12, 2021, 05:47:12 PM

Unfortunately it's the going price right now in this area for a solid rust free 70-71 E Body.....No one cares about what it was originally, people are wanting resto-mods built and it's driving the prices up like crazy...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shoooter

These are the cars I was tell you about Alan that are coming up from the states. He has more on the way as well

blown motor

Where do all these project cars keep coming from? With the number that have been restored in the last 20 years it's a wonder there's so many still out there. You would the the supply would be drying up.

anlauto

With the introduction of AMD sheet metal over the last 10-15 years....a lot of cars that were left for dead or stripped out parts cars are now being restored.
Like the guy's ad says...you can buy a rust bucket for $10K and spend $20K getting it to a solid workable shell or you can buy his rust free car for $30K ...choice is yours... :dunno:

7E-Bodies

@anlauto That tells me if I ever wanted, I could sell out my 440 NM project to a Canadian and easily get out of it what I have in it. Hell, it's got the entire original drive train other than the 3.23 gears are long gone for a 3.91. Solid from front to back.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on April 13, 2021, 12:45:27 PM
@anlauto That tells me if I ever wanted, I could sell out my 440 NM project to a Canadian and easily get out of it what I have in it. Hell, it's got the entire original drive train other than the 3.23 gears are long gone for a 3.91. Solid from front to back.

I don't remember your car exactly, but I'm sure as a project it's worth over $20K USD easily if it's solid as you say. :alan2cents:

You have to remember...we live up here in the rust belt, finding a rust free shell is like gold up here and if it's already crossed the border, taxes paid on it etc...that's a huge plus...

jimynick

$30k or nearly, is a ton of money for a car that you'll spend $20k+ bodying and painting, $5k on the interior and then there's the bottomless pit of what powertrain do you want in it, so as you near the end, you realize you've got $70+k in a 318, column shift car and haven't added in for wheels and tires and electrical, etc.! Shaker hood be damned. Oh and, that's if you do all the work yourself! No thank you, sir!!   :thumbdown:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

So....a brief update, the seller accepted my friends offer of $25K last night and the car is moving to beautiful Acton ON this afternoon. :banana:

It will be converted into a 392 powered resto-mod so no worries about being "upside down" in the restoration of a column shifted automatic 318 car  :crazytalk:

blown motor

Mopsquad

Glad to see another car getting restored up there.  My memories of Canadian classic car culture are warm and fuzzy  :canada: