Main Menu

Nice rust free Barracuda

Started by anlauto, March 31, 2018, 12:01:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Hard to believe these are still out there.....I wonder how much it will sell for ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda/332605043760?hash=item4d70ce3430:g:XR4AAOSwoGNav8ml&vxp=mtr
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaMoparRay

Judging from the shape of at least one tire it will have to be transported on a trailer which he will belp load. Let's see what it sells for.

Crocha617

What's up with the vin number?

Brads70

Tried to blow it up?

anlauto

"PB" ---- "BP"......same thing :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

That might be a nice start for someone. Rallye gauges, trunk rack, I would restore it to original I think.
Sheldon

Brads70

If it was closer...... but then it would have rotted away years ago.  :thinking:

1 Wild R/T

Six way seat brackets are still there....

IRON MAN

It is amazing this Barracuda in Ely, Nevada, still looks okay. North eastern Nevada gets a lot of rain and snow. There are 50 days a year of 10" of snow on the ground and it rains 75 days a year. Elevation is 6,437'

bluespruce

Will make a good platform for some one, think I would take it back to factory specs

cuda hunter

Quote from: IRON MAN on April 01, 2018, 12:16:23 PM
It is amazing this Barracuda in Ely, Nevada, still looks okay. North eastern Nevada gets a lot of rain and snow. There are 50 days a year of 10" of snow on the ground and it rains 75 days a year. Elevation is 6,437'

Elevation makes a huge difference for rust. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Over $10K now and still going :bigmoney:

ZEN357

Too much of a headache for my taste.

Brads70

"Rust free" is a bit of a stretch but it should be somewhat solid. Better than most of the rot boxes I've seen for sale lately. But that stands to reason as time goes on less and less solid projects will be left.
I'ts past what I would pay already though..... Maybe I'm a little jaded living in a rust belt but I've never seen a E-Body yet that didn't at least need a trunk floor pan.....
I think it was on the fender tag..... the code for leaky rear windows/dutchman panels  :rofl:

IRON MAN

This auction reminds me of when I was high bidder on a 1968 Dodge Charger 383. Advertised as the most rust free 1968 Charger west of the Mississippi, body in excellent condition, everything works, new paint, runs perfect. A credit card size magnet would not stick anywhere on the quarter panels, less than 50% of the electrical worked, front sway bar was hanging down on passenger side because bracket was broken, engine overheated in less than three minutes, none of the gauges worked properly, seller was installing trunk lid weather stripping when I pulled up, rust under trunk mat, etc. Long story short, I got my $500 deposit back and unwound the sale because the 68 Charger was grossly misrepresented! It was worth the approx. $700.00 I paid for plane fair, Jeep rental, Hotel bill, not to have that 1968 Charger in my garage. WARNING eBay still considers the deposit an intangible. USAA went to my defense and recovered my deposit. It helps to have an 800 pound gorilla on your side. Meg Whitman was CEO of eBay at the time. Deposits guarantees eBay get their fee from seller.