Main Menu

NOS Hemi Air Cleaner for N-94

Started by Floyd, May 16, 2021, 07:16:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

Quote from: mccannix on May 17, 2021, 09:57:08 AM
and because so few were manufactured it was possible a part number was never assigned.

I'm sure a part number was assigned - it just didn't make it to the PARTS CATALOG

mccannix

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 17, 2021, 10:03:12 AM
Quote from: mccannix on May 17, 2021, 09:57:08 AM
and because so few were manufactured it was possible a part number was never assigned.

I'm sure a part number was assigned - it just didn't make it to the PARTS CATALOG
Possibly....but 3577396 Chrome w/426 eng. w/decal w/Fiber Glass Hood J was obviously not a lid that was used with the Hemi TA base as the parts book alludes to.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 17, 2021, 09:42:22 AM
Quote from: Cuda_mark on May 17, 2021, 07:54:56 AM
Quote from: Cuda_mark on May 17, 2021, 05:20:55 AM
Does anyone know the part number for the wide lip lid is? I might have 2 of them.

Answered my own question. 2946188.

@Cuda_mark   does that lid/cover have the "WIDE LIP"?

No, neither of them had the wide lip. They were both the standard one for a shaker hood.

RzeroB

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 17, 2021, 06:38:41 AM
Was the 2900 a reasonable price for this piece?  Seems high, but how often are these available?

I hate to say it but that actually sounds low. That's an extremely rare piece. As far as I know, there were only two Hemi Challengers that came from the factory with the N94 hood ... a red one and a black one. I read somewhere where somebody traded an entire car for one of these. Of course I can't find my reference for that now, so I'll have to keep looking. For some reason though, I think it may have been Terry @mccannix  who mentioned it at some point in the past?
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

mccannix

Tom
There have now been more than 2 documented cases of true N94 Hemi TA hooded Challengers as mentioned in this old Moparts thread.
I was actually involved with one such car, in that I sold one of several NOS Hemi TA bases to a gentleman in Texas who reassured me it would be united with a documented Hemi TA Challenger.
A rolling body Hemicuda 4 speed was then traded for the air cleaner which in turn went on the real Hemi TA Challenger.
Lots of informative reading here and that story is mentioned here by the Texas car owner.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/642778/3.html

6bblgt

I only know of the two HEMI R/Ts (red/auto & black/4-speed) also - are there any others?

the red car was the R/T formerly in Texas & currently in the "brothers collection"

mccannix

If you only have 2 Dan, then my mistake....I thought there had been mention of a  documented 71 black 4 speed in one of those older posts....last digits 787.
If you dont have it , then I guess not.

1 Wild R/T

So whats a wide lip lid worth??  :vipermanhiding:

6bblgt

Quote from: mccannix on May 17, 2021, 08:26:10 PM
If you only have 2 Dan, then my mistake....I thought there had been mention of a  documented 71 black 4 speed in one of those older posts....last digits 787.
If you dont have it , then I guess not.

:cool:  if it was discussed - I missed it  :crying:

1 Wild R/T

RzeroB

The brown primer car in this picture is allegedly the TX9 Hemi Challenger RT with the factory N94 hood. This one pic, along with some commentary on Moparts and Facebook is all that I have on it. Hopefully one day it will get restored and make it's public debut somewhere.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Floyd on May 16, 2021, 07:25:27 AM
No kidding! Sold in the last 15 min.  Search is on to find the correct wide-lip breather lid...

Did they even make a Hemi wide lip lid???   I know the T/A - AAR got one & the A-12/M-code cars got one, but did the Hemi?

mccannix

They do exist.
I know of several real ones out there, and others on here know the owners of those as well

1 Wild R/T

jrepucci

I have the N94 air cleaner that was on Ebay. Would like to find a wide lip lid