Main Menu

Omni GLHS #396 of 500

Started by 1 Wild R/T, October 06, 2018, 08:24:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda_mark

I wonder if it will actually bring 9K. They are cool cars.

superdave

:rofl: that is kind of cool. Reminds me of a trip to Gatway Park reactrack in St. Louis a few years ago. There was a guy driving an omni, he was absolutely hanging with or almost overtaking a couple of Corvettes that were kind of hanging with a Viper at least in the infield but they walked off on the front stretch.  8)It was really fun to watch. I asked him between heats how he got that v-10 in there. :) he must have been a really good driver.

Chryco Psycho

They were light fast & fun but largely unreliable , you had to replace the head gasket everytime you changed the plugs , I had a Shelby Daytona for 1 year never walked so much in my life , After rebuilding the trans , changing the head gasket , replacing the clutch , oil line to the turbo & doing inner & outer tierod ends I tried to drive 4 mile home & didn't make it , it broke down yet again , it was the final straw & I sold it

dodj

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 14, 2018, 07:14:44 AM
They were light fast & fun but largely unreliable , you had to replace the head gasket everytime you changed the plugs , I had a Shelby Daytona for 1 year never walked so much in my life , After rebuilding the trans , changing the head gasket , replacing the clutch , oil line to the turbo & doing inner & outer tierod ends I tried to drive 4 mile home & didn't make it , it broke down yet again , it was the final straw & I sold it
Unreliable and ugly. What more could you ask for?  ::)
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

My wife had an Omni when we were dating. She named it Opis..... as in Oh Piss it's broken again!  Told her she had to get rid of that car before I'd marry her! LOL

Chryco Psycho

rebelyell

I wanted one of those cars or a daytona for a long time until I found out how unreliable they were. I actually like how they look.