Main Menu

One of the Best V Code 70 cudas

Started by Morty426, April 09, 2018, 01:00:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Morty426

This is not my car but I do know two of the former owners and the current owner.  It has a great history, low miles and the current owner has done a lot to make it near perfect. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-Cuda/123064994837?hash=item1ca73ecc15:g:abwAAOSw~JpayRL7&vxp=mtr

anlauto

What do you think it will sell for ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Morty426

Morty426

Quote from: anlauto on April 09, 2018, 04:03:22 AM
What do you think it will sell for ?

Alan,

That's a tough question.  The problem is finding a comparable sale.  This car is all original Ma Mopar sheet metal.  Never had a quarter hung or trunk floor replaced.  It has great options and the owner has taken very close to OE in quality. 

So you get down to comps.  Well a car like that doesn't come around every day. 

However my brother sold a similar car within the past year - 70 cuda 440+6, FE5, black leather, N96, A22, all the good stuff but was a 4 SPEED.  However the restoration, though very high caliber, was not near OE like this car.  He sold it for $100K

So the question is around preference.  Let's face it, in most of these old cars people want a 4 speed.  Some people like red over blue, I like blue.  I can tell you that 4.10 geared automatics like this car are a kick in the pants to drive,  Probably the funnest. 

With all that said I think this car deserves to go over the $100k mark as that is the quality of the car. 

:alan2cents:

anlauto

I'd be in agreement with you...The quality of the restoration may bring it very close to $100K.....but the auto will hold it back and although a lot of people like blue......it's not black or pink or even  lime lite which would boost it further in my opinion.... :alan2cents:

Another issue is the market seems to be flooded with 1970 440+6 Shaker Cuda's these days.....a lot to choose from :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

Spikedog08

Looks like an amazing car!  Good luck to the seller on the sale!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

RUNCHARGER

I don't really know the Cuda market and 4 speeds are desirable all right but the quality of this car is outstanding. I don't think I would sell it for $100k if it were mine. Good no excuse cars always find a buyer. Like I say though what do I know.
Sheldon

anlauto

Personally I wouldn't let it go for $100K either...... Having it judged and awarded an OE award, be it bronze, silver or gold would go a long way to achieving TOP dollar for the car.....maybe even $150K range for Gold ?

RUNCHARGER

That was about my thinking as well Alan. Like I say though I am no expert by any means.
Sheldon

anlauto

RUNCHARGER

Agreed, nowhere near close. Boy, am I the only one that wants to pitch everyone of those rad caps I see on a Mopar? I guess we all have our pet peeves.
Sheldon

Morty426

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 09, 2018, 08:12:49 AM
I don't really know the Cuda market and 4 speeds are desirable all right but the quality of this car is outstanding. I don't think I would sell it for $100k if it were mine. Good no excuse cars always find a buyer. Like I say though what do I know.

I think he really doesn't want to sell it, but he might have entered OE-land - where your car is too nice to drive and enjoy