Started by three two barrels, July 03, 2023, 04:19:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

three two barrels

[ebay]285346026315[/ebay]
Not mine, someone here perhaps?

pschlosser

i saw that listing. i think 15k is reaching.  :haha:

anlauto

Wonder how he knows without a doubt it's an original and not an older reproduction/made hood ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ply64post

This hood doesn't have a crush zone in the under structure, making it 1st production hood.
The later production hoods have a crush zone for safety issues, do the repops have the crush zone? 

Jeff

MoparCarGuy

A conversion hood (flat to shaker) could be sourced from a flat hood with or without the crumple zone creases.
A close inspection is needed to tell if it is a conversion, reproduction, or an original.

anlauto

Quote from: MoparCarGuy on July 04, 2023, 03:26:26 PM
A conversion hood (flat to shaker) could be sourced from a flat hood with or without the crumple zone creases.
A close inspection is needed to tell if it is a conversion, reproduction, or an original.

:iagree: Some people don't realize that conversion hoods started by Gene Gregory over 30 years ago...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Skdmark

I've got a conversion hood that I bought in '96 from a guy in Ganonque Ontario.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

mccannix

JP426

This hood was on the recent Mecum Mopar parts auction, he is asking double what he paid for it.

anlauto