Main Menu

Power Window set up

Started by 71GranCoupe, February 16, 2018, 07:01:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

Not mine but a desirable option. This rare and seldom seen a set of power windows for E-bodies is on  :ebay: for only 2 more days. Looks fairly complete, does have some cut wires, but that can be fixed or get some new ones. The door brackets for the regulator glide is missing on both doors. If by chance anyone picks these up, I can get you the dimensions to change the non power glide to where they will work with the power window regulators. It is easy to do, just involves drilling out a couple of spot welds and reattaching.  :cheers:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-P31-Power-Windows-Dodge-Challenger-1971-A93-cuda-AAR/112804169217?hash=item1a43a70601:g:X0sAAOSw-uhafIDd

anlauto

WOW...that's in real poor condition for the price, I can't believe it's bid that high :o
I've restored lots of E Bodies with power windows, never thought the parts were worth that much... :looney:
I've sold sets for less then half what these are bid too currently....
Recently my one customer has sent me 5 Challengers and 3 of them have power windows...A real pain in the butt to work with... :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Ha: Yes I bought a Challenger parts car just for the power window setup when I owned my FM3 R/T. By the time I got the harness out and looked at it and the holes I had to drill I thankfully gave up on that project. i shouldn't have given it away though.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Back around 2006-7 I sold a set of regulators & motors.. No harness or switches.... On Ebay.. I'd set the reserve at something like $750 cause I'd paid allot & didn't really want to sell them... The first day they were over $900... Second day $1500, Third day $1900 Where they stalled... Till the last ten minutes..Wound up selling for almost $2800...  There were a few guys that really wanted me to  :takemymoney: :takemymoney:

cuda hunter

why is A93 mentioned on the header?  Isn't that the deputy window?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 16, 2018, 08:05:56 PM

Because for some reason he's including a set of A93 rear window blanking plugs...  The cool textured black ones...

71GranCoupe

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 16, 2018, 08:05:56 PM

From what I gathered, he was looking for window crank plugs for the rear that came with the rear fixed windows back panel cars. Not sure if he was going to leave them off or what. power windows for both cuda/barracuda and challenger use the same area for the button and or window crank.  :alan2cents:

cuda hunter

Oh alright. 
I've been looking for a set of those for my a93 71. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

larry4406

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on February 16, 2018, 07:01:20 PM
Not mine but a desirable option. This rare and seldom seen a set of power windows for E-bodies is on  :ebay: for only 2 more days. Looks fairly complete, does have some cut wires, but that can be fixed or get some new ones. The door brackets for the regulator glide is missing on both doors. If by chance anyone picks these up, I can get you the dimensions to change the non power glide to where they will work with the power window regulators. It is easy to do, just involves drilling out a couple of spot welds and reattaching.  :cheers:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-P31-Power-Windows-Dodge-Challenger-1971-A93-cuda-AAR/112804169217?hash=item1a43a70601:g:X0sAAOSw-uhafIDd

Can you explain the bold/italic please and provide the conversion details?  I have a 71 barracuda vert that I will be putting power windows in hopefully sometime in my life.  I have the regulators, motors, and wiring, similar to what is pictured in the Ebay ad.

Attached is a picture I snagged off the net years ago (not mine).  Supposedly a complete set of parts needed to perform conversion to power windows for a vert.  I do not have the circled parts.  Are the circled parts what you are referring to?  I have the diagram that shows how to trim/notch the gear sector to convert the quarter regulators to verts; I have read conflicting information as to whether this notching is required.

anlauto

Those two parts are the same as manual windows :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Slotts

Here is a complete E body electrical power window setup I have restored from circuit breaker to all of the motors. What is the FM3 tape attached on the gear teeth all about? It helps when making a video for proof of performance that I send to the client before shipping. That really helps highlight the motor clocking direction.

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

larry4406

Hopefully 71GranCoupe will respond.

Anyone ever grind/cut the quarter power regulators to fit a vert?  Required Yes/no?  What is purpose of the removal?

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Slotts on February 17, 2018, 10:44:56 AM
Here is a complete E body electrical power window setup I have restored from circuit breaker to all of the motors. What is the FM3 tape attached on the gear teeth all about? It helps when making a video for proof of performance that I send to the client before shipping. That really helps highlight the motor clocking direction.

Jim

Great picture and very tempting  :drooling:

71GranCoupe

Those regulators should bolt right in on a vert, done it twice with hardtop regs, no cutting involved. As far as the door glides, the glides from manual will fit pw, just need the glide removed and reattached a couple inches. If these sell for close to the current price, that is a bargain. Try and find another set for that much money.  :alan2cents: