Main Menu

Radio delete plate

Started by Roadman, October 18, 2017, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

That is one part I still need , cannot afford it right now though

6bblgt

for as much work that was put into that one, you could modify the cheapest radio one you can find and end up with the same result

ec_co

:iagree:  take a cheap standard plate, make a filler for the hole, use plastic weld/epoxy to fix it in place, sand flat, wrinkle paint the exterior ... VOILA! instant radio delete plate.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Chryco Psycho

Which is what I did do , just do not have the real one the car came with

anlauto

A couple more hours of effort and Sylvain could have finished the backside too  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

so, that one is not a real one any way. 
I paid somewhere around that for a real one a little while back. 

Or was it real, cut out, then fixed? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on October 20, 2017, 06:41:18 PM
so, that one is not a real one any way. 
I paid somewhere around that for a real one a little while back. 

Or was it real, cut out, then fixed?

I think it was real and fixed :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

PatO

I need to do something similar for my car. I just received a new radio surround bezel from Tony's.  I need to fill in the large hole since I won't have a radio there.  I know there are a few different types of plastic used in different parts of the car. Does anyone know what type of plastic these hard "bezel" or dash moldings are made of?  I want to make sure that what ever I use is of a similar type so that everything bonds properly and is permanent.    :thinking:  Or am I overthinking this a bit to much?  :thinking: