Main Menu

Rough B5 AAR cuda

Started by Challenger in NC, February 08, 2020, 07:34:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Fern

Is it just me or does the fender tags look in great shape compared to the rest of the engine bay?

RUNCHARGER

Oh yeah. Which is okay if they have a photo of the old tag or maybe the remnants of it.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 09, 2020, 09:51:36 AM
Oh yeah. Which is okay if they have a photo of the old tag or maybe the remnants of it.

So you think that possibly these tags are reproduction, then aged to look old ? :thinking:  Seem like a lot of work to go through for a fairly cheap piece of junk project car ? :dunno:

That inner fender has obviously been changed too....so it is curious that they are even still around  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

:thinking:  So what would be the difference between this car and the one awhile back that just had the tags/vin, and body stampings for sale on ebay? Which is still up for sale....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/70-AAR-Cuda-4-Speed-Dash-Parts-only-No-Body-Will-Ship-Via-Greyhound-Bus-Termina/163608555652?hash=item2617d47084:g:qo4AAOSw9A5ck5bH

The reality is if this car ever sees the road again it will be by either cutting off the inner roof structure and ordering everything AMD makes or moving the tags/numbers to another rust free shell. (Or one in better condition)
(Looks like cowl numbers are already gone? Rotted away or cut out?)
Ethically or morally both cars present the same issue, just one ships much easier/cheaper?  :haha:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/beware-complete-aar-cuda-numbers-title-etc-for-sale/14421/

anlauto

I actually like the four speed car more :burnout:

But you're right...not a lot of difference...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6Pack70

Have to be careful on this one,  if too much AMD metal is ordered to save this car or a doner unibody structure that is still welded together nicely from mother Mopar is used, the rebody police will try making you feel like a crime is being committed  LMAO

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Yellow71Cuda on February 09, 2020, 07:02:04 AM
Are those the correct Dash VIN Tag rivets?   :rubeyes:

Nope, neither are the fender tags.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on February 09, 2020, 02:01:49 PM
I actually like the four speed car more :burnout:

But you're right...not a lot of difference...

I'm totally with you again, blue 4-speed is really cool, we are doing a blue 4-speed right now except this one is even better, it has a blue interior. 8)