Main Menu

T/A heads

Started by cuda hunter, May 28, 2019, 10:20:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pts/d/fairmount-mopar-340-a-heads-with-rockers/6894276864.html

Maybe this will help someone. 

I hope there are still some of these around when I need a set.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

Maybe you should grab them now so you have them when you need a set !!  :thinking:

cuda hunter

I keep trying to talk myself into it.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

blown motor

What was different about TA heads and are they worth $2000?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

Essentially nothing , the heads were the J / 915 casting but the pushrod hole was relocated away from the intake port & used an special offset rocker on the intake side , this allowed the intake port to be enlarged / straightened / ported for more airflow .
The heads are rare , only a few less than 5000 AAR & T/As were built , Plus a number os sets sold over the parts counter so they are not common & they are very desirable for anyone restoring a real T/A engine

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 29, 2019, 06:26:26 AM
Essentially nothing , the heads were the J / 915 casting but the pushrod hole was relocated away from the intake port & used an special offset rocker on the intake side , this allowed the intake port to be enlarged / straightened / ported for more airflow .
The heads are rare , only a few less than 5000 AAR & T/As were built , Plus a number os sets sold over the parts counter so they are not common & they are very desirable for anyone restoring a real T/A engine

And back in the day plenty of them were were removed & replaced from T/A's & AAR's, ported extensively and found their way onto race engines which leaves guys with T/AA's & AAR's needing heads & rockers... Even though they are basically just 915 castings.. If you don't pull the valve cover off you can't tell what you have...