Main Menu

T/A Heads

Started by cuda hunter, October 01, 2019, 09:35:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

https://eauclaire.craigslist.org/pts/d/strum-aar-ta-plymouth-cuda-dodge/6947175122.html

contact name:
Tony

(715) 533-2388

reply by email:
db0cd94e13da33b3929f5b4d86cee7b8@sale.craigslist.org

1970 340 aar/ta cuda challenger heads. These came off of a motor that has been sitting for over 25 years. 1 is stamped U 1 stamped O. Mopar part number 3418915. They have the 2.02 and 1.60 valves. The aar/ta heads have offset rockers and push rods for better porting. The rocker are adjustable and look to be in pretty good shape. The valves look good not pounded into the seats, but have not been taken apart. It doesnt look like there has been any maching done on the heads. There were only 5000 made and this is a pretty nice set. I have one at a machine shop getting cc, so i know where they are at. If interested i can get it back at any time. Will post pics when i get it back. $2700 or best offer.

Will separate if interested in one or the other.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

What's the difference between the O and the U stampings on the heads? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

No difference between O, U and J T/A heads besides the offset rockers, which are very hard to find.

cuda hunter

So O, U and J were all stamped at the same time next to each other? 
Is there a right and a left? 

Just curious why the different designation if they are the same heads. 

I understand the offset rockers being T/A heads.  But why didn't they just make them all J's? 

Arctoad

Cody, you said you may have a set?

anlauto

Quote from: Arctoad on October 02, 2019, 06:49:35 AM
Cody, you said you may have a set?

@Arctoad are you needing heads or just the rockers ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Arctoad

cuda hunter

What's wrong with the ones in the ad? 

Cuda Cody

I think I have 2 sets of heads and 1 set of rockers.

Arctoad

Do you ever get to Moparfest?

Bossgold

there is nothing wrong with these heads. They need to be mag'd and the measured volume is 73CC so they probably have not been milled. Won't know about the rockers till you get them but they do have all the bolts. The one thing I can see that I did not pick up on is there is a picture of only one head in the ad. if you look closely the date code is 02090 which is correct. The other head has a different date code 12019(strange - my experience on T/A date codes on heads is that they are almost always close to the same week). The other head is pictured is on this site.

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/1970-aar-ta-heads-and-rockers.19190/?fbclid=IwAR1VqNtmXvdPMvAhcB-JmXWypjw5EOcO6409f2nqdk27-668JmEwegR_2aI

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

72 Challenger

Quote from: anlauto on October 02, 2019, 07:48:57 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on October 02, 2019, 07:09:02 AM
What's wrong with the ones in the ad?

They're expensive  :rofl:

What would you say they are worth? I have a set of offset T/A heads on my 70 duster currently. They would also have the rockers so I guess price the set?

They are NOT for sale, my engine runs great lol. I have had a few people ask.
Someday I will have a J0b.

anlauto

I think the seller in the original post is asking the going rate...that's the sad thing....these parts are expensive. :crying:

Arctoad

Once you factor in shipping it's totally not worth it unless your finishing off a restoration. :stop: