Main Menu

T/A Heads

Started by cuda hunter, October 01, 2019, 09:35:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I know a local guy with extra rockers... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

gzig5

The asking price is higher than a new set of aluminum heads, but these are complete with the rockers.  Give them a valve job and go.  Might not make sense for a street build but to finish off a correct six pack motor for a TA or AAR, it seems pretty reasonable. 

Bossgold

here are my thoughts....$ 2700 is very high end.  If I were going to buy them I would expect full documentation(talk to machine shop) Mag, CC volume Test pictures, Rockers w/o play, all parts and Rods,  clean. Its hard to find super clean heads with low miles. With that said, all T/A heads get lumped into one category - High Price.   I personally think that a decent price for a set of T/A heads and rockers is $ 2000. Shipping will be another $ 100. But I also know two things - a great set of heads that are super clean is hard to find and T/A Heads always come up some where so be patient.

RUNCHARGER

That's what I was thinking. I would want a magnaflux test and inspect the rockers before laying $27 out.
Sheldon