The Only Black '71 Hemi Challenger

Started by 303 Mopar, June 15, 2017, 05:30:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Get your check books out....  :takemymoney:

[ebay]182621727861[/ebay]

Spikedog08

OK well that is way more than I could sell my house for . . .   :drunk:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

I would have to sell all my cars and one of my arms just to be able to afford 1/2 of it, but it would be worth it.  That is incredible.    :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

70/6chall

Many years ago here in Riverside, I was taking the Dodge around to various cruises and shows. There was a guy named Dick, who would bring either his all black real Hemi '70 Challenger, a real "R" code car but he had it 2 tone black and silver??? This was many moons ago. He also had an early '70's Pontiac TransAm Firebird, 455 SD, in Red. Couple of damned nice cars. Haven't seen them around here in years.    Thanks,   Al

fc7cuda

The "Only" Black '71 Hemi Challenger?? I think there's still one around the Kansas City area. I haven't spoken to the guy in awhile, but would be surprised if he sold it.  If my memory is correct, he's original owner too.

6bblgt

there are at least 6 black 1971 HEMI Challenger R/Ts (5 w/4-speed & 1 w/automatic)

the claim: "Survivor! The ONLY Know Existing Original Black 1971 Hemi Challenger" is in reference to its "SURVIVOR" & "ORIGINAL" paint status - but there are a couple of the black cars that "claim" the same

fc7cuda

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 15, 2017, 12:28:03 PM
there are at least 6 black 1971 HEMI Challenger R/Ts (5 w/4-speed & 1 w/automatic)

the claim: "Survivor! The ONLY Know Existing Original Black 1971 Hemi Challenger" is in reference to its "SURVIVOR" & "ORIGINAL" paint status - but there are a couple of the black cars that "claim" the same

Does this include Tom's car?

6bblgt

no black details on front grill/hood or rear tail-panel mouldings

emblems are all in the correct location for a 1970 model :notsure: makes one wonder about its "originality" claims

RUNCHARGER

A friend of mine has one as well. Original black paint, 4 speed.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Nice but out of my price range by a little !!
:looney:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

mccannix

He might have a case if he stated the only black 71 Hemi Challenger with a factory shaker hood,
There's one thats known of...Bob in MD...perhaps there's another.

Floyd

Wayne Voight from Wisconsin had an original paint black hemi 71 R/T Challenger, 4-speed, N96, rear window louvre, white stripe.  He sold it to a collector in Canada about 10 years ago.  That will always be the ultimate car in my book.

scf100

Look at all the eBay ads for the car in link above....

Price jumped 100K after Barret Jackson last week
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black