Main Menu

This would be a sweet AAR when finished!

Started by Brads70, April 05, 2019, 03:53:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

@anlauto    I'm just a lottery win away from sending it to you and Ken!  :D

anlauto

That would be a nice car finished. FK5 would look so nice when brand new, specially with the elastomeric front bumper,, :drooling:

But I agree the restoration plus purchase price will topple six figures.. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Spikedog08

If I had a chance to pick any color AAR . . That one would be close to the top of my list!   :('
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Shoooter

I seen this car forsale today, I really like the colour. Hopefully it get saved.

nsmall

it would be gorgeous....

http://aarta.hamtramck-historical.com/pictures/fk5aar.html

I love burnt orange as it's colorful yet not over the top.

Brads70

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JH27N0B

I'm glad that AAR found a home, and wish the owner success in getting it back to it's original glory!
And as the owner of an FK5 Challenger, It's nice to hear that many here like the color.  It has bothered me as a Mopar fan that it seems like so many of my fellow Mopar enthusiasts are such color snobs, and seem to think that any E body that isn't high impact, or red or black, is inferior!
I for one have gotten somewhat tired of seeing the 90% of Challengers and cudas being the same half dozen or so colors and look forward to seeing examples in less seen colors! FK5 AARs look great.
As for that dash and cut out numbers Alan posted,  :thumbdown: guys doing that should have to spend time in the gray bar motel IMHO.

RUNCHARGER

I think people just voice their personal preferences on colour, stock, non stock etc. and it comes over stronger than they mean on the internet. We all like old cars and just like to say what we prefer and don't prefer.
Sheldon

anlauto

If I was looking to buy....I wouldn't search out an FK5 AAR, but I think the colour looks great when new....much like the FF4 green I have in my shop now... :alan2cents:

anlauto

I had a great vison last night laying in bed.....With the 2020 AAR/TA reunion coming up, wouldn't it be great if Carlisle had a certain section of their "cars for sale" field dedicated to AAR's and T/A's only...concentrating on projects mainly but also show poodles....I like to see that covered pavilion in the car corral just loaded with AAR and TA projects just like this one and others that are popping up....I would love to bring mine down for something like that... :banana: :twothumbsup: I think it would be a great opportunity for both sellers and buyers  :bigmoney:

JH27N0B

I don't really agree on the color issue.  I've had my no rust ever 4 speed GK6 V code Challenger on the market for some time now, and have had next to no interest in it.  So many who know the car tell me if it was purple or red instead of brown, it would have sold instantly.
A local friend of mine owns a GA4 (gunmetal gray) 71 Challenger 340 convertible, and we often end up parking next to each other at cruises with my FK5 Challenger convertible.  Both cars are similar condition, I've won numerous trophies and plaques at local shows over the years with mine so it's not a perfumed pig by any means.  At least once a year while sitting by our cars talking at a cruise, someone will come up and ask him if he wants to sell it.  He had it at MCACN last November and a spectator copied his name from the display sign and tracked him down later on social media to ask him if he'd sell it.
I haven't had anyone ask me that with my car in over 10 years. During the cruise season, I take it out pretty much weekly to events so it is not a garage queen. Doesn't bother me that much with the vert that I don't get people asking me if its for sale, as it's the last thing I own that I'd sell, it's got a "forever home" and all the color snobs can kiss my butt on that as I will not be seeking a buyer!  But on the '71 I've had it stored now for 3 years so it does bother me I can't find anyone whose interested in a super rare car, which mostly seems to be due to color.

anlauto