Main Menu

This would be my dream car!

Started by Rev-It-Up, May 12, 2017, 09:24:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

If the VIN is not tampered with, there is no crime other than dishonesty  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mjb765

Can someone help me out here.....is that tag visibly off or are the codes not correct??

anlauto

Quote from: mjb765 on May 13, 2017, 06:07:29 AM
Can someone help me out here.....is that tag visibly off or are the codes not correct??

That is a question for @6bblgt .....
I think the only reason was because the original tags are known from a previous sale, but I could be wrong. :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mjb765

Quote from: anlauto on May 13, 2017, 06:14:53 AM
Quote from: mjb765 on May 13, 2017, 06:07:29 AM

That is a question for @6bblgt .....
I think the only reason was because the original tags are known from a previous sale, but I could be wrong. :thinking:

That would make sense since I don't really see anything wrong.....but I could easily be wrong also......

Cuda Cody

Lots of things wrong on the Fender Tag.  It lists codes that should only be on a Build Sheet, many codes that are missing that a car like that would have on the Fender Tag, that Barracuda body is a N95 car originally too, and all the way down to the date is way off.... way to many things wrong to even think that Fender Tag is anything but a bad guess at making a recreation.   That makes you think twice about what is real and what is made up, 4 speed? Black Cuda? Six Pack?, Shaker? everything is in question now.  Then look at the re-stamped VIN on the engine and every worry about what is real is starting to come true.  That car is not what it appears or is being advertise as.

If I had a chance to go over the car and do an inspection, I'm sure the date codes on the engine would not line up and I bet the body is going to tell me what it was originally.  No doubt there is more shady things going on then what we already know right now.   And we already know it's not what it appears.  :alan2cents: 

JS29

Correct me if I am wrong, but would it have the overhead consolett if it has the premium leather seat option? 

Chryco Psycho

I love the look with the black elastomeric bumpers front & rear

6bblgt

Quote from: JS29 on May 13, 2017, 09:45:48 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but would it have the overhead consolett if it has the premium leather seat option?

on a '70 Plymouth e-body hardtop - YES

JS29

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 13, 2017, 12:23:39 PM

on a '70 Plymouth e-body hardtop - YES
Than that is wrong on that car!!!

Cuda Cody

@JS29   :yes:  You are correct.

61K T/A

Quote from: soundcontrol on May 13, 2017, 04:29:07 AM
Nice car! But I still don't get the deal with the numbers, isn't there a way to trace a car back in the US registers? Seems way to easy for shady people to fake those tags. Much easier to fake a car then counterfeit money...

And if it turns out to be fake tags, does that seller commit a crime?

Yes it is a crime. I'ts call FRAUD. You go to jail for that.

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200