Main Menu

What a waste.

Started by RUNCHARGER, May 14, 2018, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I was going to look at it but it isn't worth looking at by the sound of it. And I don't part cars either.

"1974 CHALLENGER ,360-4BL,4SPD ,RACE or Rat rod project
$5,000
Mission, British Columbia
Original rare car[ 1 of 350 made] rolling shell right now as body stripped of undercoating,sandblasted, 12 point cage with frame and sill connected,roof cut off to make convertible [boat type top with snaps to use].have most parts except no stock interior as was going to do custom[have 2 race buckets] , no eng,trans but have dual quad tunnel ram,solid motor mounts,etc, 4;10 sure grip,weld skinny front tires, Chrome rim N50's on rear"
Sheldon

anlauto

Wonder if it has the title, dash tag, fender tags and BCS ?  ;) :vipermanhiding:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Not sure. I decided looking for roof and structure and finding seat frames etc. took this one off the list. With my luck if I called it would end up being a factory black car and I'd fall into a bottomless pit. It would be do-able if a guy had a terminal 318 car to scavenge the bits from though.
Sheldon

cordodge

I have a fender tag, vin and title for a 74 360 4-speed AC black on black challenger and I believe it was a radio delete as well. I bought the car for parts as it was really bad shape. fairly rare car really.

Bruce

RUNCHARGER

Wow: That's a darn shame, that would have really been a nice car.
Sheldon

jimynick

Jeez, I'm feeling like I ducked a bullet! I actually HAVE a '74 360  4spd factory triple black Challenger! Is it possible that that statement that it's one of 350 could be right?  :huh:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

I can't find any real #'s. Guesses are less than 1,000 built as a 360, 4 speed.
Sheldon

YYZ

Quote from: jimynick on May 14, 2018, 07:19:38 PM
Jeez, I'm feeling like I ducked a bullet! I actually HAVE a '74 360  4spd factory triple black Challenger! Is it possible that that statement that it's one of 350 could be right?  :huh:
By any chance did yours come from Northern Ontario?  Possibly Espanola/Elliot Lake area?  Lowish-miles?  If so, I may have some additional history for you.

YYZ

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 14, 2018, 08:36:15 AM
I was going to look at it but it isn't worth looking at by the sound of it. And I don't part cars either.

"1974 CHALLENGER ,360-4BL,4SPD ,RACE or Rat rod project
$5,000
Mission, British Columbia
Original rare car[ 1 of 350 made] rolling shell right now as body stripped of undercoating,sandblasted, 12 point cage with frame and sill connected,roof cut off to make convertible [boat type top with snaps to use].have most parts except no stock interior as was going to do custom[have 2 race buckets] , no eng,trans but have dual quad tunnel ram,solid motor mounts,etc, 4;10 sure grip,weld skinny front tires, Chrome rim N50's on rear"

This sounds like it could have been one that started out in Southern Ontario.  There was an original red/black '74 360 4-speed Challenger in the area that was painted purple (not quite Plum Crazy), had a dual quad tunnel ram on the 360, and the 360 itself had been built to the 9s with a billet crank etc.

It got sold to a racer who promptly blew up the #s smallblock, then put in a 440 and the last I saw of the car it had a cracked windshield and other damage from abuse.

But yes, the 4-speed L-codes are pretty rare.

Chryco Psycho

Yup & I had one also  :bye:

jimynick

Quote from: YYZ on May 16, 2018, 08:53:05 AM
By any chance did yours come from Northern Ontario?  Possibly Espanola/Elliot Lake area?  Lowish-miles?  If so, I may have some additional history for you.
I don't really know WHERE it came from as I got it from a friend in the auto wrecking business in Hamilton, who called me up one day in about '83 and said "have I got a car for you!". It turned out that it'd been a theft recovery that'd hit something pretty solid with the rt frt corner and it had approximately 76k miles on it. When I registered it a couple of years ago, the ladies at the licence bureau were scratching their heads because it didn't have a 17 character VIN# and it wasn't in their database. I don't think it fits your parameters, but I'd be tickled pink to get some history on the car!   :bigthumb:

69bronzeT5

I saw that car on Craigslist Sheldon. He ruined it. He seems to think his horrible modifications make it worth more.... :barf:

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

YYZ

Quote from: jimynick on May 20, 2018, 09:14:42 PM
I don't really know WHERE it came from as I got it from a friend in the auto wrecking business in Hamilton, who called me up one day in about '83 and said "have I got a car for you!". It turned out that it'd been a theft recovery that'd hit something pretty solid with the rt frt corner and it had approximately 76k miles on it. When I registered it a couple of years ago, the ladies at the licence bureau were scratching their heads because it didn't have a 17 character VIN# and it wasn't in their database. I don't think it fits your parameters, but I'd be tickled pink to get some history on the car!   :bigthumb:

Wow!  If you've had it since '73, then it's definitely not the same car.  An old friend had bought his black one up north in the late 1980s, and it sat on his parents' driveway with about 22,000 miles after he moved back to southwestern Ontario in the early 1990s.   Apparently his dad sold off a bunch of my friend's Mopar stuff, including a '71 340 'Cuda in the mid-1990s, and probably at fire sale prices.

RUNCHARGER

Thanks Cody: I didn't think it would be worth the call and listening to a story.
Sheldon

jimynick

Quote from: YYZ on May 21, 2018, 05:04:59 PM
Quote from: jimynick on May 20, 2018, 09:14:42 PM

Wow!  If you've had it since '73, then it's definitely not the same car.  An old friend had bought his black one up north in the late 1980s, and it sat on his parents' driveway with about 22,000 miles after he moved back to southwestern Ontario in the early 1990s.   Apparently his dad sold off a bunch of my friend's Mopar stuff, including a '71 340 'Cuda in the mid-1990s, and probably at fire sale prices.
Yeah, it doesn't sound like the piece add up for mine; pity, I'd like to know where and when, ya know? As for your buddies old man selling off his stuff, let me tell you a wee story. My bud Donnie's older brother Paul had the cherriest 55 Ford Crown Vic that I'd ever seen. It was black with red guts and it was straight and clean. Paul was in the Canadian army and got posted to Cyprus for 2 years. He comes back and goes to get the Crown Vic out and it's not where he left it! In a bit of a panic, he goes and asks his old man Ernie where his car was, and the old man says to him "I was going to tell you earlier but forgot; I got rid of that old POS for you and skinned the guy for $500 into the bargain!" I don't think Paul spoke to his old man for at least a year and the best part was that Ernie thought he'd done Paul a huge favour and never really understood why he'd be pissed at him getting rid of that old junk!! LOL  :looney: