Main Menu

1970 Challenger A01 Light Option

Started by kent_goins, February 14, 2017, 10:02:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

This question is directed at Cuda Cody primarily...
I need pics and/or information about the A01 option code showing where all the accessories attach or plug into the dash. The long light going to the drivers side from the time delay relay section is a mystery....Also the required diode.

Thanks
Kent G.

Cuda Cody

This has some A01 light info...

http://forum.e-bodies.org/index.php?topic=177.0

And here's some specs on the Diode (see photos)

The long wire going to the drivers side should be to a light that mounts to / over the gauge cluster (giving you 5 lights instead of the normal 4).  I'll go see if I can take a photo of it for you....

kent_goins

excellent on the diode!! I can make this. Now about that long lead light coming from the time delay relay connector? Got any pics or info on that?

KG

Cuda Cody

One more of the diode...

Cuda Cody

This is the A01 light package on the Rallye light bar...

And thank you for joining us Kent!  Let us know if there's any other questions you have.  Also, please share some photos of your Challenger!!!   :please:  Would love to see what you're working on.   :yes:

kent_goins

yes that is the switch flood lamp...got that... There is another long lead with light that is a mystery

KG

Cuda Cody

Post a photo of the wire....  When you say flood lamp, you mean the light on the end of the rallye bar?  Not the map light.

kent_goins

Cody...Sent a pic of the wiring diagram to your email

KG

Cuda Cody

Here's the photo you sent me.  I think the labeling on it is what is confusing you.  I'll post some more photos...

Cuda Cody

I think the words "title" are what is confusing.   Does this layout help?  The Switch Title lamp goes above the Switch plate in the light bar. (click the photos to enlarge them)

Cuda Cody

@kent_goins  This is what I think you are asking?  Can someone confirm that I have labeled them correctly?  I'm fairly certain that is how the "title" labels should be labeled.

Edited : update photo

Cuda Cody

Some photos I had from someone sharing them online at some point.  I think they are of a 71+ A01 light wiring.  Maybe they help? 

Cuda Cody

There's also a light here:

Cuda Cody

In 1971 the A01 light package changed the Steering Column connector and light in the column.  This is a 71+

Cuda Cody

Is it possible the "what is this light" circled in red is part of the SE / Gran Couple over head console package?