Main Menu

69 charger electrical problem

Started by IMNCARN82, September 02, 2017, 12:03:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IMNCARN82

Got the Charger out due to the cuda being down for a few. And having a little hassle with the directionals.   

When I hit the brakes the running lights up front and the hood lights and the two directional indicator lights in the dash all come on. 

Otherwise I think its ok.    can someone point me in the right direction?   No fuses out   this just all of a sudden started.  It was fine. 

Hmm   Did I mention how much I love electrical ?  :deadhorse:

R/T

:whiteflag:
round tail lights forever !!

1 Wild R/T

Short answer, grounds.....

Check where the lights attach to the body, new paint is an insulator...

Ok, I reconsidered the issues.... Try cycling your Emergency Flashers switch a few times...

BTW Good Looking Charger... Looks allot like the old Dave Engle Charger..

IMNCARN82

You are right!!!!    It was the flashers!!    All good now!

Thank yoU!!!!!!!
R/T

1 Wild R/T

Brads70

Just trying to learn..... why/what was it with the flasher that caused this?  :popcorn:

1 Wild R/T

That is the point where all the circuits meet, normally they are isolated from one another unless the hazards are flashing... But dirt/debris can get in the switch & short them together... Cycling the switch will usually dislodge the stuff & everything works again...

Brads70

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 02, 2017, 07:11:02 PM
That is the point where all the circuits meet, normally they are isolated from one another unless the hazards are flashing... But dirt/debris can get in the switch & short them together... Cycling the switch will usually dislodge the stuff & everything works again...

Cool learned something new, Thanks, electrical is so not my strong point.....

303 Mopar

Great to see you last night @IMNCARN82, your Charger is gorgeous!

cavemanno1

I can't agree more with that she is an awesome looking charger!

Looks like it if you have a '68-69 Charger than you wanna have a Cuda as well  :rofl:

May I ask you what you have had first the Charger or the Cuda?

I went with a '69 Charger than a '68 Charger and now can't wait to have a Cuda.Unfortunatelly,it won't be anytime soon!

Slotts

This "fix" doesn't apply here, but I had a local one with similar results. With the outside parking and headlights off, pressing the brake pedal would light the parking lights. Not real bright, but they came on.

:huh: , right? Turns out not to be any wiring issue at all, but a bulb. The filament for the brake light bent somehow to touch the parking light filament. That was an odd one.

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

IMNCARN82

Hey 303.  Ya nice seeing you and that sweet vert!  Glad I made it ! Lots of cars!!  Even the yellow bird was out!

Cuda came first.  Charger is/was a joint project with my twin bro. He got married and rarely touches it

When we were kids he had mustangs.  Built up a sick fastback and never finished it. I vowed if I ever got the chance I'd finish it.   Should take the B body under my wing more.   

R/T