Main Menu

70 cuda mopar electronic distributer convertion

Started by badfish70, December 06, 2017, 08:44:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

badfish70

hi, my 70 340 sixpack cuda was running awesome,backed it in the garage and next week nothing,cranks but no start, checked, no fire? anybody with exsperiance on a whim of what the hell happened. its got the orange box ecu, with the mopar convertion with the magnetic pickup in the distributer and the ballast on the firewall

RUNCHARGER

Either the Orange box quit or the ballast resistor gave up. If it doesn't try to start but then quits when you put the key to run it is most likely the ignition ECU.
Sheldon

badfish70

ok thanks, ya it cranks with no fire,dead dead,doesnt evan want to try to start, car ran like a champ before I shut it down

bentpshrods

My car just did the same thing. Would crank but had no spark at the coil.  Got another coil, orange box ,ballast resistor, from a friend---still nothing.  Turns out the electronic pick up in the dist. went bad. Replaced it and the reluctor wheel for about $30.00. 

anlauto

Check for broken wires along the coil, distributor etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

badfish70

badfish70

badfish70

oh yet another question if you don't mind, with the mopar electronic convertion like I got, will it kill any parts if you leave the key on, engine off?

Chryco Psycho

should not make a difference , if it will work for hours at a time running there is no reason to fail not running