Main Menu

70 Distributor Vacuum advances

Started by ply64post, January 30, 2018, 11:56:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ply64post

:unitedstates:

70 Distributor vacuum advances. What were the advances with electronic retard used on ? Were they used in California or were they used in particular engine applications. Were they also used in 71?

Thank You in advance for any Help
                                                           Jeff

Gary

From what I have heard, all 70 383 and 440 single point distributors all used the electronic retard vacumn canister.  In 71 they put them on 6 pak engines also. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ply64post

Quote from: Gary on January 31, 2018, 10:37:57 AM
From what I have heard, all 70 383 and 440 single point distributors all used the electronic retard vacumn canister.  In 71 they put them on 6 pak engines also. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Gary

I'm trying to figure out what advance was used on what application. I found out the Hemi's and the 6 pack cars used prestolite dual points. I was told the 440 hp 4 barrel used a single point Chrysler distributor, very confusing.I'm looking for some answers too.

Thank You
                                                                   Jeff

Gary

That is what I have heard also and the dual point distributors did not have the retard canister until 71.  I'm still trying to figure out if all 70 single point distributors were the iron ones or if some of the early ones were aluminum.

ply64post

:unitedstates:

Gary

The distributor I have is a single point aluminum 440 HP with the electronic retard. That is what the part # tag on it identifies it as in the 70 parts book.

Jeff