Main Menu

71 cuda variable wiper switch extra terminal?

Started by 72restocuda, June 10, 2022, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

72restocuda

finishing up my cuda rallye dash, new 71' harness, bought the variable switch 2770380 but the harness has 2 parts - a 2 plug and 4 plug harness.  that leaves 1 extra terminal.  Is that normal.  I have a 3 speed wiper motor.  Everything is out of the car now so If I can settle it out before the dash goes back in. Thanks
-Steve

Cuda Cody

Was the car an original 3 speed wiper motor car?  If not, you'll also need the 3 speed wiper linkage so it connects properly to the 3 speed wiper motor.

As for the switch and connector, can you post a photo of what you have.  Might be easier if we can see it to know what it fits exactly.

This photo might help you.  It's from a 70 rallye 3 speed wiper motor e-body (photo is upside down because the dash was out of the car).

72restocuda

I already had the 3 speed wiper motor, I took a picture of the switch and the 2 plug in place - the other part pf the harness has 4 plugs, still leaving the terminal all the way to left uncovered. Hope this helps with my question.

72restocuda

I didn't realize that it would rotate the pic when uploading, its the terminal at the bottom when rotated like this

Jay Bee

One terminal is always left empty/blank whether it's a variable speed or two speed wiper switch.

72restocuda

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it, just plugged it in as the picture showed
- Steve