Main Menu

Adding Power Windows

Started by Caparco, December 08, 2020, 03:40:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Caparco

Would anyone have tips and tricks, how to safely wire 2 power window doors, into a 72 Challenger , that didn't come with power windows,
  I would also like to install a relay with it, to keep the power off it when not in use.
  Should I have a empty spot on my fuse box?
Or do those have a completely different box and I have to get creative with the wiring.
  The drivers side door has a 4 switch panel but obviously 2 of them would be dead, passenger door has one switch
Thanks so much for all the help in advance,
Will be researching this idea for a while before I do it.
It's Amazing what we can accomplish~

With just a little bit of hard work.

And a whole LOT of complaining!!... lol

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparLeo

Having had both oe and aftermarket power window set-ups on 70 Barracuda's I would definitely recommend an aftermarket complete set-up. These come with new regulators, wiring and install instructions so no guess work. They are much smoother and quicker up & down. Less electrical draw and use factory looking switches.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

benlavigne

Poolshark314

Quote from: benlavigne on December 08, 2020, 11:40:00 AM
A friend has used this successfully:
https://www.nu-relics.com/Mopar-s/480.htm

Ben

Those look pretty cool, but man those directions look pretty sparse. Hope you get something better in the box...the rear one is just a picture lol

http://nu-relics.com/v/vspfiles/97000.pdf
http://nu-relics.com/v/vspfiles/97000R.pdf
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

Caparco

Quote from: MoparLeo on December 08, 2020, 08:21:32 AM
Having had both oe and aftermarket power window set-ups on 70 Barracuda's I would definitely recommend an aftermarket complete set-up. These come with new regulators, wiring and install instructions so no guess work. They are much smoother and quicker up & down. Less electrical draw and use factory looking switches.

Well yes that does seem nice but I was more referring to just the wire set up as I got the doors from a power windows and my car has not but everything seems to be intact.
  Maybe down the road but that's not something that's in my budget right now, I would be fine using the
anks to be honest LOL
It's Amazing what we can accomplish~

With just a little bit of hard work.

And a whole LOT of complaining!!... lol

MoparLeo

Did you only get the doors with the motors and not the Harnesses ? That will be the critical part of the conversion. Test the motors before you do it./font]
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

crackedback

The nu-relic motors don't appear to draw as much as OEM, they will still tax the system pretty hard if you try to run multiples or they in full load status.

Be smart about how and where you draw power from when installing the PW kit.