Main Menu

Alternator

Started by 61K T/A, September 19, 2017, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

61K T/A

The PO replaced the original alternator and bracket with a chrome one. It still works fine but not liking the bling factor. I want to replace it with a  period correct unit. This is for  a 70 BB Cuda. I have a HEI (MSD), electric fuel pump, O2 sensors, and a bunch of aftermarket gauges installed. What can I do for an alternator that will work?

303 Mopar

@Brads70 recommended this one to me.  I have it on my 505 stroker and powers my electric fuel pump and stereo with amp no problem. Pricey but if I decide to go FI or anything else in the future I'm all set. 

http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/item_557/Chrysler-Mount-Mega-Amp-Alternator.htm

82firebird

My dad has been rebuilding alternators since he graduated high school in the late 60's. One of my favorite parts of buying old cars is coming in to the shop and finding the "correct" alternator and building it with him. We built this one, and while it may not be "concours" I think it looks great and even better, I trust the guy who built it! You definitely want a round back alternator, these are much harder to find as most are "square backs". I don't know what amperage you need or if you would be interested but if you let me know I could see about building you one.

GoodysGotaCuda

powermaster makes a nice stock-looking upgrade. I will try one on my Warlock soon.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

61K T/A

Thats a nice job on the alternator 82. Nice work!