Main Menu

amp meter wiring modifications

Started by culp71, April 25, 2018, 11:59:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

culp71

what is this amp meter wiring modifications I've heard bits and pieces of?

CudaMoparRay

superdave

:rofl: Thank you culp71 for asking  and CudaMoparRay answering....I have been searching the site
and just texted an electrician friend to see if he could shed some light on that subject for my electrically challenged self.  8)

1 Wild R/T

Accept that Mad Electrical is an absolute HACK......

YellowThumper

However, their premise remains correct. Bypass is highly recommended.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 25, 2018, 02:53:31 PM
Accept that Mad Electrical is an absolute HACK......
:iagree:
There are better ways to accomplish the same end. ie...don't drill the bulkhead connector.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

1 Wild R/T

What Mad does is what he considers acceptable to get an old vehicle reliably back on the road....

When I was turning wrenches I would occasionally have do work I didn't want my name attached to but it was a safe repair to get a customer who wasn't able to afford a proper repair back on the road.....

Thats how I would classify Mad's fix.... Hardly the kind of work I'd photograph & post on line.... And certainly wouldn't suggest it as acceptable for a restored vintage automobile....

heywodja

Can you just run a wire from the alternator to the positive on the starter flat and leave all the other wires attached?

1 Wild R/T

Yes but you should add a fusible link & moving both wires on the back of the ammeter on the same post....  Beyond that adding relays is the next step....