Main Menu

Blower Motor Removal 1973 Challenger

Started by Marty73, May 24, 2024, 07:32:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Marty73

I believe I need to replace my blower motor on my 73 Challenger - quick question

I watched a video of a mechanic removing the blower motor and squirrel cage on a '72 from the engine bay. I thought you had to pull the heater box to replace the motor?

So question is - can I just replace the motor and cage from the engine bay on my 73? Did they change the design in 73 to make life harder? If I end up pulling the box, should I just go ahead and swap the heater core?

TIA! Got a lot of work to do this weekend!
1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

dodj

Gotta remove the heater case as far as I know. Maybe it's possible in place but it's not a big job to remove the whole box imo.
But if you are taking it out, condsider buying the whole heater box gasket/foam kit from DMT.
My heater core was plugged and I found a mouse nest up tight to the core. I replaced with an aluminium piece from Spectra. I had to massage it a bit to get it to fit properly. Clean up some welds, file down a couple corners, etc.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Rich G.

If you have A/C it comes right out in the engine bay. 3 bolts