Main Menu

Blowing my Horn

Started by jlemler, April 13, 2018, 05:27:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

jlemler

Wife nicely gave me some nice reproduction horns for my 70 Cuda.  A few mounting questions.  Bolting to the fender, are they bolted from the inside out or the outside in?  What directions do they go?  If I bolt from the inside out I will have to take them off the bracket to bolt the bracket on to the fender.  Not a major deal.  Since I have come this far I am hoping to finish the engine bay by the end of next week.

Picture of my car attached.

anlauto

So the correct horns should look like this with the "L" bracket turned outward. The bracket should NOT have a threaded hole. The threads are in the inner fender. The bolt simply goes through the bracket and threads into the reinforcement plate welded to your inner fender.

Not knowing what your horns look like or whether or not you have the correct inner apron reinforcement plates, makes it hard to answer your question.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

I don't have a picture handy but the horns should be inside the engine bay with the  opening should pointing down .