Main Menu

Bulkhead connector removal

Started by Racer57, March 31, 2020, 08:00:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

70 cuda 383

I need to check my connections in the bulkhead connector. Could someone please give me step by step how to separate it from inside ? Does the engine side stay in place ?  I don't want to gamble and pull a connection loose or break something, etc and spend forever trying to find or fix it.

Those that haven't seen my other posts, a voltmeter shows 15+ volts at the battery with a new regulator and good ground. I have a by-pass wire, but theres no change whether its hooked up or not.

Thanks.   

Chryco Psycho

there are 4 plugs , they have tabs on each end of the 2 - 8 wire connectors , squeeze the tabs & rock the plug until it releases , , there are also 2 - 4 wire plugs with single tabs to depress , you should not need to remove them though unless you wan to remove the bulkhead from the firewall with the 2 3/8 nuts , the 4 wire plugs are for the wipers & neutral start/ reverse lights

JS29

:iagree: And if it fights you, your on the right track.  :alan2cents:

dodj

While checking them all is a good idea, you are primarily concerned with the large red wire and large black wire.  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

BIGSHCLUNK

I have a post on when I replaced mine somewhere here.... plenty of pics...

Racer57

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on April 01, 2020, 11:05:59 AM
I have a post on when I replaced mine somewhere here.... plenty of pics...

You have 87 pages of posts. Could you narrow it down a little please ?  :D    I did do a search, but must not have used the right combo or words.

BIGSHCLUNK

BIGSHCLUNK

It was easier just to check a different computer. 

BIGSHCLUNK

Here's more

BIGSHCLUNK

And more

BIGSHCLUNK

and more

BIGSHCLUNK

and more. You will also need the correct crimping tool if you need to redo any wire  connectors. Trust me when I say its not the crimper everyone has in the tool box. But I need to find the pics.

BIGSHCLUNK

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Racer57